COuld someone upload their vanilla, default animations.bsa?

CookieSalesman

To upload the vanilla .bsa files would not be allowed, as far as I know. If you think you are having problems due to that bsa, then remove it from the folder (put it somewhere temporarily, without deleting it yet (just in case)) and do as Rabbit suggests, and verify the game cache through Steam. Once you have it redownloaded, you can delete the old one (no more need for it).

Edit: Posted at just the same time as you posted. Glad it worked.

Edit2: Misinterpreted prior post. Apparently it didn't work.

If you don't use Steam then you either have a pirated copy of Skyrim, or have illegally cracked the game to run without Steam. Either one of those is not welcome here. :down:

Erm, I don't use steam, I've gotten rid of it, but could someone take a look at mine or just show me their animations.bsa?

It's not the whole game but just one file

Erm, I don't use steam, I've gotten rid of it, but could someone take a look at mine or just show me their animations.bsa?

No one is permitted to upload any file from the game to you. You can get all you need with a legit copy and with Steam. I can only suppose that your copy is a pirated copy and that will unfortunately get you shown the door. You are of course welcome to fill out the ban appeal and show us that you own a legitimate copy of the game and that it has been registered to your Steam account. ~Lisnpuppy

Then re-install the game from the DVD, it's that easy. Sign in, sign up or whatever, then you can verify the cache.

Also for those that are curious, turn off Steam by choosing Exit from the Task Tray. Then use SKSE to start Skyrim. What happens? That should answer any doubts about whether or not it's even possible to use Skyrim with Steam uninstalled.