were there hidden reasons why the frontier was removed from nexus, despite the latest hotfix discord message?

ZxAsriel

It's a well known fact that ZuTheSkunk was banned from the frontier project for... "unsettling reasons", in an update to the frontier it is stated all of ZuTheSkunks content was removed via a hotfix, along with many sexual undertones being removed that were suspected to of been created by ZuTheSkunk. But if this is the case why hasn't it been re-uploaded to the nexus?

Could it be that ZuTheSkunk dug his corrupted roots so deep that the entire project of the frontier needs to be rewritten from the ground up? People have been quick to pick out questionable content I myself missed; such as a white... ahem... "object" in the back of the truck.

But the hotfix says it removed all these things, could it be that the mod authors are now investigating the games files even now as I speak? I guess only time will tell.

By the way, I still HAVE the frontier in my load order: if the authors want I will not post anything at all that could leak old information.

This is meant to be open forum discussion, please be civil.

"Please be civil" says the person who's trying to insinuate there's some conspiracy behind the mod being hidden when there's none. They removed it to work on it, plain and simple. It's now back and everyone can just download it.

I still find it suspicious that ZuTheSkunk, a 2D artist, was the one assumed to be behind all of the questionable content, when the questionable content was done by the dev team and volunteers.

While I don't agree with the content he produced outside of the project, I feel like it shouldn't have been a factor here.
Hope I don't wake up to find my account suspended, but I feel like this was just a convenient excuse to take the heat off the rest of the developers and others responsible for the content everyone was giving flak for.
Won't be replying to this to avoid any confrontation that might arise from this, but I have to get this off my chest, as an avid Fallout fan in general, Nexus enthusiast (not the forum title), and amateur modder.

Edited by snake11088

"Please be civil" says the person who's trying to insinuate there's some conspiracy behind the mod being hidden when there's none. They removed it to work on it, plain and simple. It's now back and everyone can just download it.

I still find it suspicious that ZuTheSkunk, a 2D artist, was the one assumed to be behind all of the questionable content, when the questionable content was done by the dev team and volunteers.

While I don't agree with the content he produced outside of the project, I feel like it shouldn't have been a factor here.

Hope I don't wake up to find my account suspended, but I feel like this was just a convenient excuse to take the heat off the rest of the developers and others responsible for the content everyone was giving flak for.

Won't be replying to this to avoid any confrontation that might arise from this, but I have to get this off my chest, as an avid Fallout fan in general, Nexus enthusiast (not the forum title), and amateur modder.

Still, it's rather concerning that the main team didn't run a background check on one of their biggest authors before they hired him. I just find the whole situation suspicious and gave out several hypothetical scenarios. Call me superstitious or an idiot or something of that nature, but I don't intend harm in my posts. I am more interested to getting to the bottom of the truth as anyone else is.

I've worked with others on things and it's never crossed my mind to do a background check, it was a bunch of hobbyists collaborating on a project, they weren't a company hiring a new employee.

T

Still, it's rather concerning that the main team didn't run a background check on one of their biggest authors before they hired him. I just find the whole situation suspicious and gave out several hypothetical scenarios. Call me superstitious or an idiot or something of that nature, but I don't intend harm in my posts. I am more interested to getting to the bottom of the truth as anyone else is.

True. Ontop of that like... the fact that they took down the game due to content that wasn't related to the mod itself but claiming so either tells me they were kinda surprised or they used it to divert attention from the questionable content in the game that they themselves put it and used him as a scapegoat. It kinda doesn't make sense if we're going off of the word of Zu themselves.

That's right. I want to get down to the bottom of this as much as anyone else, cause who's to say another controversy like this won't happen again? The Frontier has so many modders on it that one controversy can enact a "content nuke" where the mod will face further delays. I not only don't want to see that happen, but I also want the mod to improve, and get to the very bottom of the truth; no matter how deep the iceberg goes. I may not sound like it, but I actually show deep concern for the work the frontier went through.We're talking something that had been in development for a long time, and it may see overhauls in the future, yet some of the devs are hiding from the truth, while I believe ZuTheSkunk was one of the offenders, he might not be the ONLY offender.

I love the gameplay, and running over a bunch of raiders in a buggy than banzai crashing it on low health into a raider-occupied vehicle is always just so fun to do, I love all the weapons, and I actually liked the first act of the NCR mission; but the moment the space ship happened the NCR questline suffered immediate identity crisis.

Dead space with the horror segments and hallucinations, system shock II with an AI taking over the ship, even the ending of fallout 3 with someone sacrificing their life, and star wars with recalibrating onboard batteries to destroy asteroids. and I was like "At least let me keep the ship at the end of the game as a player ho-" *archimedes laser gets fired into the hull* "WELP, RIP this campaign."

I guess one positive it has right now is that the weapons are already available and the weapons are pretty dope.

I've worked with others on things and it's never crossed my mind to do a background check, it was a bunch of hobbyists collaborating on a project, they weren't a company hiring a new employee.

Background check makes it sound much more then what was needed, he was posting the questionable content under the same name he used when working on The Frontier, all that would have to be done was a google search of his name.

Background check makes it sound much more then what was needed, he was posting the questionable content under the same name he used when working on The Frontier, all that would have to be done was a google search of his name.

At least having some system in place to STOP pedos from joining the project then nearly destroying the entire project should of been allotted. And think of it; if one user did something that could be deemed unforgivable and put it into the mod, there may be others slipping through the cracks.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, like I said it's never crossed my mind to check anyone out and I doubt I'm the only one who never has. What they do need to take responsibility for is what was in the mod, the sexualised dialogue of Mae who states in game that she's under 18, America who is written like she's 14, I never saw the birthday card and assumed that's how old she was and of course the bestiality involving Unity asset lizards. Thankfully they've addressed these things now but they shouldn't have been there in the first place, if they hadn't of been the backlash from finding a nonce on the team wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad.