EA Wins Consumerist's Golden Poo twice in a Row; Whines and Compla

Deleted472477User

Isn't Origin an Online Always DRM anyways? If that is true, that's basically using your computer's resources, thus potentially taking away said resources from what you're doing, all the time when you go online. That means when you're playing LoL, Starcraft2, or GW2, Origin is on. It's essentially malware that's using your computer without you even knowing it.

Luckily most of us no longer play games on calculators, so the 50 - 100mb RAM it uses doesn't bother us. Why should I be bothered about the paltry resources Origin uses when my PC has 7.9GB more RAM to make use of?

Isn't Origin an Online Always DRM anyways? If that is true, that's basically using your computer's resources, thus potentially taking away said resources from what you're doing, all the time when you go online. That means when you're playing LoL, Starcraft2, or GW2, Origin is on. It's essentially malware that's using your computer without you even knowing it.

Luckily most of us no longer play games on calculators, so the 50 - 100mb RAM it uses doesn't bother us. Why should I be bothered about the paltry resources Origin uses when my PC has 7.9GB more RAM to make use of?

Rofl, nice that was aimed at me when half the other posters here don't like it either. Read the other posts for an answer to your question smart ass.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

All right don't even start this stuff. Be nice and don't make smart arse comments or responses to smart arse comments. *points to report button* Be terrible for folks to get into trouble over a thread about the most hated company in America. ~LIsnpuppy

All right don't even start this stuff. Be nice and don't make smart arse comments or responses to smart arse comments. *points to report button* Be terrible for folks to get into trouble over a thread about the most hated company in America. ~LIsnpuppy

Sorry Lis. I'll try to behave.... err WILL behave. :D

A lot of the people here may not realize that the competition wasn't for the worst game company - but the worst company of any kind - the final pairing put EA against the megabank Bank of America a company that has ruined lives of many people because they really don't care if they screw up your bank accounts - as long as they can pay their CEO a huge multimillion dollar bonus every year. This year, EA was the only game company that made it into the competetion - and the gamers stuffed the ballot box - again. :pinch:

Here is the link to the site that runs this Worst Company in America competition every year http://consumerist.com/

This years four worst

EA - a game company (second year in a row)

Bank of America - a giant bank that consistently screws with people's money. Runner up 2nd year in a row, Their subsidiary (countrywide Mortgage) won it several years ago.

Comcast - A large Cable monopoly that is gouging its customers and giving very poor service. 2010 winner of worst company

Ticketmaster - if you have ever had to deal with them you know why they are here.

Ticketmaster - if you have ever had to deal with them you know why they are here.

got Cirque du Soleil tickets from them. only time ive ever delt with them, but never had a problem :P

got Cirque du Soleil tickets from them. only time ive ever delt with them, but never had a problem

They charged you some fees. I've never had a HUGE problem with ticketmaster's charging their fees, but they insist on calling it a "convenience charge" or something like that which is really annoying. The performers probably hate ticketmaster more than the customers, but they are also the ones who choose to do business with ticketmaster in the first place so its really their own fault when they get screwed for a fat percentage. I think ticketmaster's days are numbered by technology. When I buy my baseball tickets I usually do it online and print them out at home. There is a bar code is scanned when I go through the gate.

A lot of the people here may not realize that the competition wasn't for the worst game company - but the worst company ofany kind

I realized this, and figured it was all in good fun. You can't have a serious poll on the internet. It is just not possible.

This award probably came up as a water cooler or board room joke at a company that is ACTUALLY evil in a real way, i.e. slavers, mercenaries, arms manufacturers, etc.

Exec 1: Have we received the latest shipment of slave laborers from Burma?

Exec 2: Sure did! They look nice and healthy, considering the month they spent in that shipping container. I think (client) will be pleased!

Exec 1: Excellent. And what a great deal! The RPG's that we traded for those kids were old tech anyway. Half of the crate were probably duds. Maybe that dictator can use them to invent a new national sport or something.

Exec 2: *chuckles* Hey did you hear that EA won another "Worst Company in the World" award?

got Cirque du Soleil tickets from them. only time ive ever delt with them, but never had a problem

They charged you some fees. I've never had a HUGE problem with ticketmaster's charging their fees, but they insist on calling it a "convenience charge" or something like that which is really annoying. The performers probably hate ticketmaster more than the customers, but they are also the ones who choose to do business with ticketmaster in the first place so its really their own fault when they get screwed for a fat percentage. I think ticketmaster's days are numbered by technology. When I buy my baseball tickets I usually do it online and print them out at home. There is a bar code is scanned when I go through the gate.

thats what i did with Ticketmaster. Got an email with a link to the tickets and printed them out. when i got there they just scanned it. and considering they had a Line just for ticketmaster scanning, I have to assume most people go their tickets thorugh this manner.