Daggerfall Unity

Pellape

I should have figured out that I do not need to pickpocket the target at all really. Why?

You get one single attempt to pickpocket a target in Daggerfall and not a second one. Either you fail, get a useless marble, some dust or an half eaten sandwich or 1-6 gold. The target was close to a tavern door so I went out and went in and tried again and again, maybe 100-300 times, I do not know as I didn't count. I did that for 4 hours. I thought I might get the quest item at some point. So I read the quest before I went to bed and got enlighten. So damn long and boring 4 hours... So what did I get? A lot of illusion, sneak, restoration and pickpocket ticks and some marbles, so I shouldn't be to unhappy really and it was not bad for a mage either, as I do not have any thief skills as primary, which makes the progress slow.

Why did no guards arrest me? It was a small village and the target was a dungeon NPC, not the ones that ussually walks around outdoors in towns as it looked more like a thief or a rouge, and those are ignored by the guards if the town has guards that is. Smaller villages don't.

Edited by Pellape

I managed to get the thief's guild rep from -46 to -10, which means I managed to make 9 quests after the first disaster. :D The good thing with their quests is that they are quickly done.

Damn, all guilds rep are decreasing fast... I think I will focus at a single guild at a time now as i thought I could ping pong, to get it more variate, but... Well, it is not Oblivion...

I have done some conclusions as some stuff in this game follow different rules then other. I did read at UESP that leveling is a combination of several of the major, minor and primary skills gets raised. I have seen some skills in the char UI get grayed out, which should mean I cant benefit this current level if I raise it more. I did notice this by focusing at a specific skill when training. I will spread it out more from now on.

So what am I gonna use all money for? I did bought a house, a ship and an airship, which made it impossible to go to the ship, so I sold it. Well Daedra Summoning.

I never knew what Daedra Summoning was so I read about it yesterday and it is extremely expensive too but now I know. Summoning a Daedra prince costs 200k gold so I better save up some money for it... ;)

Another thing I do like right now, is the speed of the quests. Well to solve some quests, only takes a few minutes. Whn raising your ep is the goal, then it is so convenient to not run around in no where searching for stuff. You click in the quest Log at the right Log, and it will open the fast travel menu by auto. So damn cool.

Some quests are bugged. I do like that they do have timers, so when a quest is impossible to complete, just go to another town and get another one if you are focusing at a specific faction or just grab one from anywhere else. I had 2 bugged quests yesterday that I couldn't complete, and then I did a 33 days journey, and they where gone. Simple as that. You loose 2 reps but what does that matter? Nothing really.

Skyrim is terrible that way. No matter where you go, you get your quest log filled and be result will only be stress. Oblivion and Morrowind do not fill up the quest book in the same way as Skyrim does as that is nuts.

Skyrim is terrible that way. No matter where you go, you get your quest log filled and be result will only be stress. Oblivion and Morrowind do not fill up the quest book in the same way as Skyrim does as that is nuts.

It's interesting to hear about Daggerfall, I definitely have to try out Unity. The graphics is superb.

I was reminded about this mod when having many quests running - it helps a lot. Especially if you use this quest mod compilation. I also get stressed with too many active quests.

Edited by MercerMeka

Damn nice. :smile:

I will try them out for sure. I have decided to play Oblivion one day and Daggerfall the next and today it is an Oblivion day :D

Do keep in mind that some quests in Daggerfall bugs some but that it is nothing to worry about. I got another quest yesterday from the Mages Guild that was a bit more advanced and it looked so damn nice with several stages and it was to be completed in 30 days. I managed to do stage 1 and 2 but when I was gonna do stage 3 but the NPC was missing. How do I know? Well the Archaeology mod provides sensors that after you have almost completed a dungeon, you can activate it ad the quest target will glow throw the walls. I did tried the console command

tele2qmarker

but It couldn't find it and when I got that sensor activated, it did glow empty inside a room, showing where the NPC should been spawned. Then I went on a mission in the Main Quest instead, travelling all over the place to let that Mages quest fade out. So remember that Daggerfall is a bit odd time to time when it comes to the quests. As there is no end to quests, it doesn't matter, as they are generated. I do learn a lot from it. It will help me make my own collecting quests I guess. That Mages guild quest also had a quest stage 4 as I was gathering stuff for stage 3 to be able to get to stage 4. I will of course try that quest again as sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

The quests are independent of each others so if I lock a quest giver for Mages guild in one town for 30 days, I can always go to Mages Guild in another town doing a quest there instead and just let the bugged one fade out as it disapears from the questlog when the time have passed. :) If this happens in TES3-5, thats another matter, but solved in the console. To delete a quest in Daggerfall, means that we must edit the save file, the QuestData.txt but it can corrupt it if you do it wrong as you must do it between the right {} ones. I have deleted many quests that way.

Click [shift]-[TAB] to see all current running quests and go between them with ¨ or ´ buttons, depending on your keyboard layout. It is the button that are left of [backSpace] and then you see the ID and stage of the current quests and also if you are lucky, you will see the quest targets in game as well with yellow text and a number to the distance to them. I avoid that if possible as it kills the immersion.

Edited by Pellape

Some quests are just sick

You are asked to deliver a letter and you get 500g up front and when you are done thee is another 500g. You take the letter and it is a bloody hell to find the one you are supposed to deliver it to.

When you find the target, it tells you it wants nothing to do with the letter nor the Mummy Thumb it belongs too as it is cursed. I need to find a bloody Mummy dungeon somewhere to be able to get rid of the cursed finger.

I did check the quest timer. A whole bloody year... :/ I have to carry around with it for a bloody year...

I figured it out, as I went to my house to sleep as I did miss the bloody bank by 1 minute as it close 15:00 and I cam there 15:01... My house is next to the bank so I went there and set sleep to 18 hours.

After 9 hours, a Mummy appeared screaming

-My Finger, My finger!!

I bet that was not the last I would see of that creature...

Edited by Pellape

The Dialogue UI can be a bit confusing as rumors is in one section and the Location of stuff in another. There was 2 rumor topics available, one name and also finger and I think I got the name when i asked around about this bloody cursed finger. Well I managed to kill the mummy in its tomb finally and I thought I would never find him, but I did. :) It was not a year as the finger would have stayed for 1001 days.