Daggerfall Unity

Pellape

Yes. You can get many surprices in this game. Specially when you talk to the common people.

-Could you please try this magic ring as I do not dare. I give ye 300 gold if you agree

-Yes

*swishes into another dimension and you are now in a dungeon. Please find the exit*

I come so far in the mages guild that they now allowed me to summon deadra so I waited until 8th of Frostfall and tried to summn Malacath. It is very random if the dadra wants to be summoned and I was warned so I made a save just before the summoning in case.

I had to reload 6 times until I succeed and every time it did cost me 180k gold to do it. I do have Volengdrung now so what am I gonna do with it? Well I put it in the house somewhere, most likely in the wardrobe.

Fastest way to travel is also the slowest. How come? Well Fast Travel do add lot of time but travel in real time, with Air Ships is damn fast. I just noticed I has an unread letter from someone, asking me to get from Koegria to Sentinel and that trip takes 17 days with Fast Travel. I might go there in 6 hours with Air Ship but what do I know? I have never crossed Illiac Bay with an Air Ship but I do know I will glare at the ocean for some time. I report later how long or rather short time it took.

• 1 month later...

i played this a bit. Got a quest to rescue a lion from a dungeon using a magic bell. I rang the bell at the entrance, to test if it worked, then did the whole dungeon, found the cat and then discovered the bell is one-time-use item that can only be rang once and the lion mauled me to death. Thought 'maybe it's time to replay Oblivion', lol. I'll get back to it, someday. The game's fun with the upgraded engine, but man oh man, the quest difficulty is real hardcore.

Yes some quests are very hard. There is some console commands that takes you to the quest object or takes you to the exit and so on. Just open console and type help and you can scroll that console as well, which you can't in any other TES game and I use those commands when the quest seems hopeless. Missing to do a quest is not so important really as all are on timers and will vanish so if you cannot complete a quest, do other stuff meanwhile or just take a long trip somewhere and back for 30-90 days.

Edited by Pellape