New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have started to build my own vault, and it's not suppose to have any number on the doors, and there is no blank clean sliding doors, and I need one.

I have downloaded a working blank door, but it's on its own mod, and I tried to use the doors in my mod, but after I saved and opened the vault again today and all the doors are gone :/ So I'm wondering how do I take that door from that mod over to my mod (And yes, I'm allowed to use the doors)

And I'm sorry if it is one of the links, I must have missed it :/

• 1 month later...

These tutorials seem good, but I'm still having a problem with modding.

No matter what I do, whenever I try to designate something as a reference for a script, it keeps telling me that the reference ID is invalid when I try to save the script, and YES before anyone asks, I DID have the "Persistant Reference" option selected on the object I wanted to reference in a script.

Any help please?

Edited by ZeroCore

• 2 weeks later...

These tutorials seem good, but I'm still having a problem with modding.

No matter what I do, whenever I try to designate something as a reference for a script, it keeps telling me that the reference ID is invalid when I try to save the script, and YES before anyone asks, I DID have the "Persistant Reference" option selected on the object I wanted to reference in a script.

Any help please?

I'm a bit unsure as to what you are trying to do, exactly. What I am going to do is show you 2 levels of scripts. The ones that are attached internally to objects and the scripts that reference the objects and can activate the internal script.

Let's take an object in the world. Say... A clipboard. What you want to happen is that when you click on the board a message comes up (as if you are reading the board).

-First you create a message with the ID "ZCClipboardMessage" and the text "Hello World!"

-Then create a new script with the following text:

ScriptName ZCClipboardScript

ShowMessage ZCClipboardMessage

Close the script will automatically save it with the ScriptName.

-Then you need to place the object in the world. It's important to place the correct type of Object (e.g. Container, Static, Activator etc). In this case we need an Activator Object. If you can't find what you want, roughly place something approx. the same size (as long as it's an activator object). You can change the appearance later.

-Double click the object in the GECK render window. Click 'Edit Base' and give the activator an ID "ZCClipboard" and name "Info Clipboard"(visible on mouseover ingame). Assign the script we made earlier called "ZCClipboardScript" that deals with the clipboard messages.

-You can also assign a .Nif model of a special clipboard if you don't like what's available. Don't worry about that for now. Click OK.

-Now assign a Reference Editor ID. Give it a name with REF in it - "ZCClipboardREF".

How you have a properly created Reference Object in your world.

When the game runs and you click on the clipboard, you now get a popup message saying "Hello World!"

-----------------------

Now.. a script referencing the Object we made.

-Create a new script with the following text:

ScriptName ZCWhateverYouAreTryingToDoScript

ZCClipboardREF.activate Player 1

AND/OR in a Computer Terminal switch i.e. 'Activate Clipboard' selection, apply the terminal 'Item Result Script' for that line to:

ZCClipboardREF.activate Player 1

Now, when you run ZCWhateverYouAreTryingToDoScript OR select 'Activate Clipboard' on a terminal, what happens is that it activates the clipboard as if you were there and you will see the message, even if you are not near the clipboard. A bit pointless, but just trying to explain things.

The script you created will accept the REF because it was clearly defined in your world before you made the second script.

I hope I haven't gone on too much, or confused you too much either ;)

Hope, this helps, let me know if you need something.

Edited by Samustus

• 3 weeks later...
i can make the mods perfectly but the thing is my computer cant see them the only time it sees it when i go to save a mod from the geck and it shows it locked but when i try to unlock it it says it cant find it i have no idea how to get it to the game plz help if you can....