Fallout.ini Edits Cause Freezing/CTD

GrayWolf04

I am trying to edit the "uGridsToLoad" and "uInterior Cell Buffer" and "uExterior Cell Buffer" values, as well as the "iPreloadSizeLimit" value in order to make improvements to the graphic display distance, but every value I've tried caused a freeze while loading an exterior cell and a CTD. This worked with Fallout New Vegas on the same computer. Anyone know any reason as to why it won't work for Fallout 3? I used http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_8.html as a guide for both games.

Hi Greywolf,

you used the valute show on the guide? If you try to make it to high yes game surely crash imo the only tweak safe to change, in your list, is "uGridsToLoad" max to 7.

Nino791

unfortunately is not a problem of pc performance but the game engine is more unstable with altered valor in video\audio setting, for example uGridsToLoad:11 make crash on every pc budget or ultraperformance simply the engine can virtual handle the value but in real he cant (imo poor engine), my suggest is do not change anything but if you want to change:

- make a try with one valor at time and test it individually

- when find single value to work try set togheter

or really give up ;D if your pc can run uGridsToLoad:11 dont need to increase performance :happy:

Have a nice game!!!!!

Nino791