Is Bethesda shutting down

daventry

Its def time for the modders to pool together and make some DLC worthy content.

So far its all been graphics/gameplay/items/utilities. What has been produced by the community in this regard has been phenomenal, no question, but there really hasn't been the "world content" explosion I was expecting since Skyrim's release.

Its time to make new dungeons, new quests, new landscapes, new voice actors and factions.

Has a team of modders ever thought of getting compensation for the effort of creating a full fledged DLC worthy mod? If they, for instance, charged 1 dollar for every download of their mod it would give them a nice incentive to finish the mod and make sure its a polished product.

Or is it totally illegal to sell anything made in the Creation Kit?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community doesn't bother making big content patches because, I think, Skyrim is garbage compared to Oblivion (and Morrowind). It is new and shiny, so you get small and shiny mods.

Now that it is officially No Longer New, I expect a mass exodus.

Has a team of modders ever thought of getting compensation for the effort of creating a full fledged DLC worthy mod? If they, for instance, charged 1 dollar for every download of their mod it would give them a nice incentive to finish the mod and make sure its a polished product.

Or is it totally illegal to sell anything made in the Creation Kit?

Yes, it is illegal.

I hate to rain on your parade (and mine too, I would have loved a Forsworn or Thalmor invasion themed DLC), but Peter Hines confirmed there would be no more DLCs for Skyrim (see the tweet here: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/323837011591036929).

I for one am happy that they will focus on the next game, and hopefully it means the next Fallout game (even though it concerns me that probably it will be based on an enhanced version of Skyrim's Creation Engine (considering the embedded Fallout console commands)).

Hah, missed that one! Well, we did have two large DLCs (same happened with Oblivion with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles) so I couldn't really ask for more. What I would like to have seen though, and is unfortunate that they most likely won't be implemented, were some of the features shown in the Skyrim Jam thingy.

As for the commands, I had my own ideas. Maybe they were just leftovers from the gamebryo engine. Or maybe they were there because they were already expecting to use the engine for the next Fallout game. We'll know soon enough.

The community doesn't bother making big content patches because, I think, Skyrim is garbage compared to Oblivion (and Morrowind). It is new and shiny, so you get small and shiny mods.

Now that it is officially No Longer New, I expect a mass exodus.

I really hope that isn't the case, Skyrim really does have a lot of potential. And as far as your comment Skyrim being "garbage", that is definitely your own opinion but there are thousands of others that would think otherwise. Edited by mellophonist

Yeah......if not for any story points I really would have like to see some of the other Jam Week stuff come out. I mean...they did most of them....but still.

I was really holding out for some kind of "survival hardcore" mode for consoles...like in New Vegas. I mean right now Frostfall and Realistic Needs are awesome. If something like that was implemented in the game for consoles...I'd be set.

Sadly my Skyrim Experience just Died, since mainly i cant Mod,

I choose my Games very carefully, as im not a Fan of Violent and Gore Games, so basically the Only Game i have, is Half Life 2 plus Eps and Skyrim, witch means i will wait for TSVI in 4 Years.

I also Love Tomb Raider, but this New Game that came out, Sucked and was also Too Expensive, so i watched the Whole Game on Youtube.

Edited by daventry

Or....you could read/watch an online tutorial on how to mod....and no...I doubt everyone will just up and leave Skyrim. The modding community is known for its tenacity and ability to stick around for a LONG time.