The Game you are most desperate for

daventry

That Game or That Game  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Witch Game are you looking forward too

Definitely another TES game. The problem with Fallout is that everything is retro-50's and grey and desolate. Fallout New Vegas felt like Fallout 3 with new music and quests.

Skyrim and Oblivion are worlds apart. Not only do you have different gameplay, characters, etc. but having a new environment makes for a refreshing experience. Not to mention, it really lets Bethesda show off their audiovisual muscles as opposed to "here's a song from the 40's we ripped, and also a lot of dull brown!"

Yes I don´t like the 50 feeling of fallout games but that´s what mods are for :D I replace all the old weapons for modern weapons, I actually like how they made new vegas with the same engine and stuff from fallout 3 that way we could port mods we liked from fallout 3 to new vegas and vice versa.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout 4, because both FO3 and FNV where better role playing games with more soul then sadly both Skyrim and Oblivion combined.... Which is somthing I NEVER thought I would say as a major lover of Fantasy games.

Edited by nivea

Fallout 4, because both FO3 and FNV where better role playing games with more soul then sadly both Skyrim and Oblivion combined.... Which is somthing I NEVER thought I would say as a major lover of Fantasy games.

Too true. The Elder Scrolls series cater too much for the young children to have the depth of the Fallout series. I hope Fallout never changes, and I SERIOUSLY hope the Elder Scrolls changes. Come on, they've already got the MA15+ rating, so why bother making a game that is obviously intended for little kids? The only thing about Skyrim that I consider "mature" content is the decapitations. Without that, Skyrim would be a PG. Doesn't mean Skyrim had to be suited for kids though.

If anyone thinks that Skyrim wasn't intended for kids... watch this:

This is the best possible explanation I can imagine of why Skyrim was dumbed down.

Edited by billyro

Maybe if they change the name from fallout to something else it would be playable for me but I don't think so. I can not accept Fallout 3 as Fallout 3 compared to Fallout 1-2. It is exactly that what EA had done with CnC.

Too true. The Elder Scrolls series cater too much for the young children to have the depth of the Fallout series. I hope Fallout never changes, and I SERIOUSLY hope the Elder Scrolls changes. Come on, they've already got the MA15+ rating, so why bother making a game that is obviously intended for little kids? The only thing about Skyrim that I consider "mature" content is the decapitations. Without that, Skyrim would be a PG. Doesn't mean Skyrim had to be suited for kids though.

This is the best possible explanation I can imagine of why Skyrim was dumbed down.

The "Dumbing down" for a game like Skyrim happens because fleshing it out as much as a simpler game like Morrowind would take a massive development team and a much greater investment of time, to the point where it would be financially burdensome. Fallout 3 and New Vegas had more depth, but the stylistic elements were much simpler. Simple textures, terrains, soundtrack, animations, AI, NPCs, and, as befits every recent Bethesda game, a cadre of bugs.

I think the recent games of the Fallout series get looked at through rose-tinted glasses because of the maturity of the content. Yes, there were consequences of actions, but most of it was totally inconsequential to the endgame, mainly because there really wasn't an endgame. Just an end of a campaign, whereupon all the sidequests were back to the status quo. Skyrim's not really any different in that sense. Just something Bethesda has been doing for a long time.

i always wanted guns in skyrim but i never liked how they put togather the fallout games, maybe if they made it like call of duty but with all the extra stuff like skyrim then i might!, think, about getting it.

The "Dumbing down" for a game like Skyrim happens because fleshing it out as much as a simpler game like Morrowind would take a massive development team and a much greater investment of time, to the point where it would be financially burdensome. Fallout 3 and New Vegas had more depth, but the stylistic elements were much simpler. Simple textures, terrains, soundtrack, animations, AI, NPCs, and, as befits every recent Bethesda game, a cadre of bugs.

I think the recent games of the Fallout series get looked at through rose-tinted glasses because of the maturity of the content. Yes, there were consequences of actions, but most of it was totally inconsequential to the endgame, mainly because there really wasn't an endgame. Just an end of a campaign, whereupon all the sidequests were back to the status quo. Skyrim's not really any different in that sense. Just something Bethesda has been doing for a long time.

Well I dont even care about the "consequences of actions" in FNV/FO3, that has very little impact on me because almost no choices in any games have a real impact. For me FNV/FO3 had character as in people where like actual people, they had likes and dislikes and the only cop out I can think of is women joining the legion. But in Skyrim no one cares about what you are or who you join, so Khajiit are not aloud in cities yet you can go in cities without any issues as one... Dark Elf player in Windhelm, no problem.

I dont know it just felt so fake, you get back story and information and the game never seems to follow through with it.

I also felt FNV did the best job with how the main quest was set up, you had a clear goal at the start that evolved into something more as you went on. BUT there was no hurry to it, you just saw a f*#@ing dragon in Skyrim that is something you might want to get working on. Skyrim just felt hurried/rushed you could take the time sure but it never felt like you "should" as a character.

To me something was really really missing in Skyrim, something I cant just put my finger on. But it was missing that soul that feeling, I felt it in Oblivion for some but for Skyrim I cant even name a vanilla character I really really enjoyed. Its not about the mature rating to me, its more then that....

I find myself just sitting in Skyrim saying, gosh that sure is pretty... but what now? I got to say, I have never felt that way in a TES game before. :(

Talking about tes games being for little kids; ho ho look at my big balls i only love mindnumbing brainless shooting tooting games, i do love the fallout series but Hello!!! its two different settings THANKFULLY!!!.

There are tons of Mature+++++++ fantasy games why dont you go play them instead ???

Dont worry,In 5-10 years from now on these games wont exist anymore Only your favourite games with plenty of guns,violence and blood spilled all over.

Well I dont even care about the "consequences of actions" in FNV/FO3, that has very little impact on me because almost no choices in any games have a real impact. For me FNV/FO3 had character as in people where like actual people, they had likes and dislikes and the only cop out I can think of is women joining the legion. But in Skyrim no one cares about what you are or who you join, so Khajiit are not aloud in cities yet you can go in cities without any issues as one... Dark Elf player in Windhelm, no problem.

I dont know it just felt so fake, you get back story and information and the game never seems to follow through with it.

I also felt FNV did the best job with how the main quest was set up, you had a clear goal at the start that evolved into something more as you went on. BUT there was no hurry to it, you just saw a f***ing dragon in Skyrim that is something you might want to get working on. Skyrim just felt hurried/rushed you could take the time sure but it never felt like you "should" as a character.

To me something was really really missing in Skyrim, something I cant just put my finger on. But it was missing that soul that feeling, I felt it in Oblivion for some but for Skyrim I cant even name a vanilla character I really really enjoyed. Its not about the mature rating to me, its more then that....

I find myself just sitting in Skyrim saying, gosh that sure is pretty... but what now? I got to say, I have never felt that way in a TES game before. :(

@ Nivea: Ah, so that's what you meant. Well I still completely agree. The only way I can become interested in a Skyrim character is if I deck them out in awesome armour so I enjoy looking at them. Beyond that, there's nothing that really attaches me to my character. In Morrowind however, I felt that each of my characters (once leveled past 10) was special and unique, and... yeah, there is something about it that just feels right.

@ TheNewAgeElvis: Sure, the game could have been "more fleshed out" with a larger development team, but the fact remains that Bethesda catered for the young gamers with things like hand holding, player character stupidity (some of the dialogue lines are obviously intended for clueless children), lack of mature content such as sexual references and adult themes (come on, these things are present in real life so why not in games, like how Fallout is?) and the stuff Nivea said. Perhaps the reason the player isn't treated badly as a Dunmer in Windhelm is because some little kids might have been offended by that. Just a thought.

Talking about tes games being for little kids; ho ho look at my big balls i only love mindnumbing brainless shooting tooting games, i do love the fallout series but Hello!!! its two different settings THANKFULLY!!!.

There are tons of Mature+++++++ fantasy games why dont you go play them instead ???

Dont worry,In 5-10 years from now on these games wont exist anymore Only your favourite games with plenty of guns,violence and blood spilled all over.

Hahaha.

Yeah, I don't have anything against less mature games in general, just when an MA15+ game holds back on mature content/the requirement for using your brain, for the obvious intention of pleasing the younger gamers. I know it's not their fault that they can't problem solve as well as the older people, but games intended for older people shouldn't be catering for the young ones anyway.

@ All of the above people I replied to: sorry if I'm going off the track here, or if I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say. I'm tired lol. :P

Edited by billyro

Rofl your not talking to me are you? Let me count how many First person brainless shooters I own, ahem.... 0.

Also no FO3/FNV are actually not first person brainless shooters, they are more RPG then FPS. Which is why alot of people complained when FO3 came out, because gosh it was not a FPS but a RPG with guns in it.

As for the gore, eh I can live with or without I mean its so cartoon its not something I can take seriously. The only gore that actually fits is pretty much what you see in Skyrim, though in truth Skyrim could use alittle more reality with its dungeons (actual dungeons you find in castles) and places that would have less pleasant stuff.