What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, there are so many games that are so good based on their own merits that I would feel as though I was betraying one game by calling another "better."

For example, I think the first KOTOR is as good as any SMB or Zelda I've played based on what makes a game "great," and I might dare say it has the best storyline of any game ever made. Then again, Zelda has certain charms about it that other games don't have, etc. I'll list 5 or 6 (in no particular order) based upon how different their genres are but still believing them to be equal for what they do:

1. Gran Turismo (A game so good/influential that it made certain real cars available in parts of the world where their respective manufacturers hadn't offered them before)

2. Oblivion w/mods. The game's graphics, size, freedom and modability are capable of satisfying so many different types of people in so many different ways it's ridiculous.

3. Super Mario Bros. 3

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I think a case could be made that any of these is as good as the others within their respective genres. I will also say that Oblivion makes this list only with mods. It is simply not the same game without them.

i think that the greatest game of all time would have to be..... DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. ahh, the classic dice rolling games. they make life oh so much fun when you have no electricity :)

The best game ever is always the next game. The one that will be out next year with better graphics, better gameplay and a great story and it will play on my existing system. And I will be able to mod it beyond what the maker dreamed. I don't know what it is yet, But I know there will be one. Unfortunately I will probably have to upgrade my computer to play it. I have great hopes for TesV. but I'm not holding my breath.

id have to say the best ones of all time would have to be the ones that started it all.

FPS: Wolfenstein 3D

RPG: Dungeons & Dragons(We miss you Gary)

Strategy: Stratego anyone?

Platformer: Many hour spent playing River City Ransom =P

Fighting: street fighter

i know a lot of good games have been put out over the years.

but i still find myself going back and playing some of the old school games and still enjoying them.

rendalli

"The best game ever is always the next game."

Isn't that the truth lol. Just when you think you've seen it all, you haven't.

Yeah, TESV better be the best game ever once it comes out.

Best of:

All of the Hitman games (except Hitman 1 i didn't try it out)

Freelancer

Evil Genius

Imperium Galactica 2

MOH:AA

Morrowind

Black & White

Max Payne

Mario Forever:P

There are so many. HL2, Morrowind, Rock 'N Roll Racing, FF VII, FFXII, Fable TLC, Super Metroid, Star Fox 64, DOA 3, DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball, SSX Tricky. The list goes on and on. :D

Golden Axe 1 for the Sega Genesis 16-bit. Good times, good times... :P

My favorite games include:

PS2: God of War 1&2, Primal, Demonstone, Guitar Hero series

PC: TES III (plus Tribunal and Bloodmood), Oblivion (plus Shivering Isles and official DLCs), The Longest Journey, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Portal, Warcraft III (plus Frozen Throne) (before I got sick of playing it), Pharoah, Quake III Arena, Marble Drop. Oh, and I liked Zoombinies (spelling? It was by Broderbund software - sorry, my keyboard doesn't do umlauts).

Board Games: Checkers, Balderdash (also known as "The Dictionary Game")