What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

Skies of Arcadia, is, in my arrogant opinion (I am in no way humble), one of the best games ever made . 40+ hours of gameplay, a huge world, gorgeous (for the time) graphics. It was, by far, the best game for the Dreamcast. After all, it had Air-piracy, huge ships, superweapons, 'splodes... A truly fantastic journey.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skies of Arcadia, is, in my arrogant opinion (I am in no way humble), one of the best games ever made . 40+ hours of gameplay, a huge world, gorgeous (for the time) graphics. It was, by far, the best game for the Dreamcast. After all, it had Air-piracy, huge ships, superweapons, 'splodes... A truly fantastic journey.

Woot! There is someone else out there that appreciates this game. :D For me personally the two Shenmues beat Skies of Arcadia just barely on Dreamcast, but apart from that yeah, the best game on there. Sometimes I plug my old Dreamcast back in just to play it. ^^ It was just one of those games that did atmosphere really well, and at the time seemed like a pretty original concept for a game (though I daresay it was based off a Japanese anime concept of some sort). I actually felt engaged and involved in the world and story... which is becoming an increasingly rare thing these days. And that airship combat was great.

Yet, you hardly ever hear of it these days... the Dreamcast died (stupidly) and it got some half-hearted re-release with "Legends" stuck on the end for the least successful console in the last gen market... and that was it. I guess this is going to be one of those obscure gems that we reminisce about when we're 40 and people wonder what the heck we're going on about. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Company of Heroes, for this reason:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z140/Ijnig/RelicCOH2007-04-2816-20-18-21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite game has always been Battletoads and Double Dragon; great sidescrolling brawler/beat-'em-up, with your choice of the Dragon Twins or one of the 'toads. Each set of characters plays a little differently, just enough to give the game a different feel when playing as the Twins if you're used to being a toad. My only real gripe about this game is its near insane difficulty, but hey, it's a Battletoads game. If you can play it without popping an artery in sheer frustration, it's a great game, especially if you can find a like-minded person to play along with you.

I don't think this is the "best" game ever, though. The best game in terms of production values is likely Morrowind plus its expansions, simply due to the complexity of its story and the intricacy of Vvardenfell. I still stare in wonder at the poster I have on the wall, at how much detail was put into such a small continent. I really need to play this game again.

In terms of survivability over time, the best game is definitely Tetris. This game is still a favorite among people all over the world, even after all of these years.

I don't know what the most graphically advanced game of all time is, simply due to the fact that developers are constantly pushing the envelope with increasingly advanced graphics engines and better hardware. I haven't been doing well in keeping up...I should really get some new games, instead of dillying around with SNES cartridges. >.>

• 2 weeks later...
Third is Turok 2.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in some time! :happy:

The only bad part about it is that you get lost so easily. I don't know how many days it took for me to finish the first chapter. :wacko:

Am I the only one who have ever played Grim Fandango? :unsure:

Another game worth of mention is Quake and Quake II...