What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

I reckon the best is Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast. Epic gameplay, with good graphics for the time it was released. And superweapons. Lots of superweapons.

(By all the gods in Valhalla. This thread's been going for FOUR YEARS)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best game ever ?

thats entirly subjective

for starters i dislike doom half life 1 and 2 and deus ex greatly they are frist person view shooters and inever liked those

in my opinion half life 2 doesnt reallyd eserve all the accolade it gets because its just a damn fps like so many other only this one looks a bit prettier then others and has a better story

all valve games are variations of the same genre and i wonder just how long they can sell variations of the same thing

the same goes for all rts games played one seen them all

i wont even bother to soil any words on postal 1 and 2 they are not even worth the effort

anyway this is about the games you like most not the ones you hate ost ( and believe me that list is long long long )

i started playing games when i was 7 in 1989

i have been playing video games for 19 years and i feel very very old now

but here is my list in no real order

secret of mana the first rpg i ever played and i am keeping an snes around just for that

the legend of zelda majora's mask one of the few zelda games that dare to be differnt and it pulls it off amazingly

the sims 2 ..well what ? its one of two games i am stil playing from 2004 and i always come back to it not because its expansive and as deep as you can get for a life sim but also because its justa damn fun game and its justa amusing to load the game up with mods and watch your sims go

vampire the masqurade bloodlines buggy and choppy troika folded before they could fix the game and the dedicated fanbase did it themselfs then even if the game runs choppy frequently crashes has sound issues its still a great rpg that i can play time and time again and it uses the scource engine for those of you who appreciate irony

front mission 3

usually i give strat rpgs a wide berth because they are even slower then molaases trickling through a funnel in the winter

and they tend to be unfair and rock in hardness ( shining force 3 has me regularly swearing) and front mission 3 is no differtn so why did it suck me in ? wa sit because of the actually pretty damn good graphics for the ps1 the mech battles or because the story is quitebelievable to a degree set in a not too far and certainly not toofanciful future on earth

its apity the lead is a prat but its a game i still play 7 years after i bought it

pity square never deemed fit to release 1 2 and 4 in europe

soul calibur

9 years old and its starting to get a bit creaky now but its stilone of the best if not the best 3d beat em up out there other games look prettier or move faster or have more advance game play techniques

but soul calibur 1 is stil the most fun of them all and it trounces its own sequals

final fantasy 7

not because it was my frist rpg (which it wasnt)or being dragged along by the hype i only bought it in 99

but i picked this game clean did everything you can do and did it numerous times its the only ff i actually like ..wel this and DS 3 i dont play it as often any more nor as zealous a si did 8 9 years ago but once in a while i do play it

grandia 1 and 2

sequals in name and game play mehanics only because the games are both diametrically opposed the stories are linear without much surprises you can bet that the rpg cliches get trotted out in full force hover that doesnt matter because the personality of the character augmented by decent voice acting lifts the storyline a cut above the rest and makes you care for them

i prefer 2 over 1 but both are good games

star wars knights of the old republic 2

one of the few starwars games that can be called good no mean feat on its own and the kotor games are farbetter then the awfull prequal movies and in soem places better then the orginals too

kotor 1 was already a greta game but 2 just ramped the stakes up and improved in it in every way possible

even crippled with a quarter of its content cut out with a whoel planet removed and its ending mangeld its still a great game

imagine what obsidian coudl have done if they were given more time

thankfully projekt ghizka will awnser that question for us

metal gear solid

not the first stealth game certainly not the last but the best of its generation

and it pioneerd movie liek emmersion game play justa pity that the actual game is so short but that doesnt matter it has stellar voice acting a standard all video games these days are judged by and a haunting end them i hunted the soudn track down for

it might have been remade but the ps1 orginal is still a classic which i play every once in a while and usually finish in one go

tenchu

it was released before metal gear solid it is a stealth game with ninja without the hype and cinematic presentation

it doesnt look like much but i have bene playing it for years now stil one of my favorite games out there

spyro 1 and 2

i dont like platformers and i dont liek cutsey purple dragons either but spyro has something other platformers dont have the ps1 spyro games are unfortunaly the only really good spyro games after the serie sjumped generation and platforms the quality sharply dropped

the first two however are stil great game si play every now and then

broken sword 1 broken sword 2 discworld discworld 2 missing presumed ? discworld noir

point and click games a dying breed you need to like them and i happen to do like them

and i stil play these once ina while not very often unfortunaly

panzer dragoon saga

one of those surprise games thats better then you expected for a dying console in 1998

unfortunaly sega never deemed this game worthy for re release or a proper sequal

fighters megamix

what do you get if you throw virtua fighter 2 fighting vipers a host of weird extras and secrets together ?

you get a timless 3d beat em up i still play regulalry to this day 11 years after it was released

• 5 months later...

My best game ever in this order.

Valkyrie Profile

It was released quite a few years ago and looks a bit old-fashioned now, and yet its storyline is attractive and fascinating, which still urges me to play the game.

Tactics Ogre

It was released a long time ago and looks absolutely old-fashioned, but it still deserves to be well-known in my opinion. Its stroyline, characters, extra dungeon, game-balance, requiring strategy and so on. Everything was perfect, and I think it may be accepted by people who recently have begun video games, none the less because it looks old-fashioned.

Final Fantasy Tactics

It contains lots of fun. Especially its storyline was great. Just Great. Also the other things are very well thought. This game was no less than the original "Tactics Ogre".

Atelier Titles

I played Marie, Elie and Judith. All of the three was nice. These titles are heart-warming and looks somewhat not exciting, but in actual fact there is depth of creating items. When I first met the title, it was so impressive.

Bullet Witch

This might be a minor game, I suppose. Also its difficulty sometimes makes a player say "This game is horrible", but a great game to me.

Final Fantasy 7

Its storyline is, as another person mentioned already, very good, in that it contains a bit of mystery. The tune of the last boss was terribly impressive, which I love.

• 4 weeks later...

Metal Gear Solid 4. Simply awesome. It was classic as soon as it came out, purely for being a MGS. Even if it was crap it would still be good (if that makes sense) just for that. But it wasn't. It has amazing graphics (In some parts of the cutscenes it looks almost real), great gameplay and a interesting (if complicated) storyline.

The only problem is the hour-and-a-half-long cutscenes. Show me someone who doesn't like it and I'll show you a liar or an idiot.

• 3 weeks later...

I think these are the best games so far in any alphabetical order.

World Of Goo

Littlebigplanet

The Elderscrolls Oblivion

Fallout 3

Zelda link to the past snes

Mario RPG snes

mario world snes

mario kart snes

There are soo many to decide, well i cant really dicede on witch is the best game, each one has its own good and bad to it. In reality there isn't (the best game of all time), all it comes down to is taste and opinion, its up to you to decide on that.