Greetings, total new guy here

thornmage1

Hello everyone, my name is Elias, I have been a lurker of this site for a while and finally decided to sign up, I recently purchased a PC and have been a long time Skyrim player since it first came out in 2011, and have still got my copy from 2011, would love to get back into it on PC and really get immersed in modding, I have no real experience so if anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it, I have mostly played Skyrim, Special Edition the past year on PS4, and it has done it's job for a vanilla game, I also made a minor mistake by adding a 1 to my user name, so is there someone that could remove that too? I look forward to this forum and learning a lot from everyone!

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me here with open arms, I look forward to getting along with everyone, I am still waiting on the chance to get a disk drive for my PC since I mostly have a laptop for which I will be using as my portable gaming device, should be in a few days, so I will keep everyone informed of what happens, it looks like using Vortex is the simplest way to go about modding, so I will definitely be doing that, I do wonder what new mods will come out for Skyrim in the near future to improve the game

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Thornmage !

Since you're just starting out you'll find friends, that are new members and veteran modders too ready to help with their own mods at the DISCORD link.

Since you're getting set to use PC and mods; now would also be a good time to get and set up DISCORD. A good way to become better informed and share ideas and learn about mods that are Works In Progress you may like. :woot:

Game On! :D

So I don't have a computer. But would like to have a mod made. Best I can do is pay somebody to do it. How much would depend would be discussed and I would do my research by looking at other mods you have done.

Welcome DrXenno!

Click your way over to the game forum you would like a mod made for. Then post your design and ideas there. There is already a thread at each game's forum for mod requests.

You may find someone willing to help. Or you might even find there is a mod already made. I explore the mod archives a lot. Open the main page, Nexusmods, choose the game from there and then click on communities, and forums.

If you're like Thornmage and are interested in Skyrim Special Edition, on Nexusmods page click on the image of Skyrim SE. When the page is loaded for Skyrim SE, go to the tab Communities, click on it and in the menu that appears choose Forum, and because you are already looking at the Skyrim SE it will take you directly to the Skyrim SE forums for all the mod talk about and mod suggestions for Skyrim SE.

Have fun!