Bethesda don't know right from left? (Rotating objects in workshop)

hucker75

Merriam-Webster disagrees with you.

No it doesn't. If I had to use a hammer to put in 300 nails, and I had to do it with my left hand due to where they were placed, I could do it. After the first 5 or so, it would be easy enough. Almost everyone can do this. Very few people are limited to right or left hands. You may be better with the one you normally use, but that's the case with anything in life, it's called practise. Just because you were taught to use your right hand to write with at school, does not mean you're right handed. All it means is you are able to use your right hand. If you lived in a country (and there are some) that write the other way, then you could probably have learned to use your left hand just as easily.

No it doesn't. If I had to use a hammer to put in 300 nails, and I had to do it with my left hand due to where they were placed, I could do it. After the first 5 or so, it would be easy enough. Almost everyone can do this. Very few people are limited to right or left hands. You may be better with the one you normally use, but that's the case with anything in life, it's called practise. Just because you were taught to use your right hand to write with at school, does not mean you're right handed. All it means is you are able to use your right hand. If you lived in a country (and there are some) that write the other way, then you could probably have learned to use your left hand just as easily.

You are missing the point. "Ambidextrous" does indeed infer use of either hand with EQUAL utility/ability. So, it wouldn't matter which hand you used for ANY task. (that required hands.....) Your opinion doesn't change the dictionary definition.

And we are dragging this thread WAY off-topic...... So, I am done. If you wish to maintain false views, that's on you, and really isn't my problem.

You are missing the point. "Ambidextrous" does indeed infer use of either hand with EQUAL utility/ability. So, it wouldn't matter which hand you used for ANY task. (that required hands.....) Your opinion doesn't change the dictionary definition.

And we are dragging this thread WAY off-topic...... So, I am done. If you wish to maintain false views, that's on you, and really isn't my problem.

I'm agreeing with the dictionary. I can use either hand, provided I've practised with it. Clearly a completely ambidextrous person will be better with the hand they've used for that task! A left or right handed person will never be very good with the other hand.