Characters you can't stand to see killed off

LordSarcasm

Heh, just recently I went to Mzulft (sp?) with Illia, J'zargo and Erik following me. I had them set on "protected", not "essential" so if I accidentally killed them then I would have to deal with it, but it prevented them from dying stupidly.

Well, in the second room there was a dwemer spider scuttling towards me, and I promptly made it explode. Erik got caught in the flames and was burning for quite a long time, and I was quite concerned that he would die from it. Amazingly he survived and I continued on my way.

A few more corridors down and I came across some Chaurus who spat evil stuff at me. After dealing with them, I backtracked a bit to find both Erik and Iliia dead. I could have sworn that I didn't injure them in any way, so I reloaded and tried again.

The second time I managed to defeat the chaurus before it could even attack, and all was well. So off we went, on our adventure, when I noticed a tripwire on the floor. I skillfully cut it and avoided the falling rocks, and walked past. It was until after I had reached the end of that room I noticed that J'zargo was the only one still following me. So, I went back and discovered that both Erik and Illia had died whilst wading through the fallen rocks.

I felt that that was a giant rip off, as they had both died from stationary rocks... so I resurrected them and continued.

After I finally emerged from the dwemer ruin, I turn around to see... J'zargo. Somehow Erik and Illia must have died again, or got lost or something.

I believe their corpses are still decomposing in there somewhere.

(I think for some reason, they weren't properly flagged as protected and that's why they kept dying. But, I'm sick to death of their sickening deaths, and so I'll let them rot.)

Yeah I've found that dwarf ruins have a tendency to eat my followers too.

I found out why! For some reason they simply stopped following me. But, since I have EFF, I could command them through J'zargo's dialogue and I could make them follow me again.

Good thing too, I put lots of good armour on them both and would loathe to lose it. Oh, and they are nice people too, can't forget that.

Pretty much any scripted deaths that you can't do anything about. Such as Rogvir and Susanna the Wicked (Especially missy Wicked).

I had a mod that turned the Vamp Alva into a follower. Had many a fun time exploring dungeons and raiding bandit camps with her. We were trekkeing through the field when we cam across a couple of flame atronarchs and two Pyromancers, along with a couple of Saber Cats. I was running back and forth dodging fireballs, and when the fight finally ended Alva was nowhere to be found. I spent almost half an hour searching for the body, just to get some closure (or maybe type resurrect :p ), to no avail.

I later found her grave in Morthal, was very sad :( At least I then got the nice expensive gear I gave her back :p

While most of the time I think I am unaffected by random NPCs dying as most of the time I don't find myself talking to them anyway as they typically don't seem that interesting to me, the NPCs involved in quests or whatever tend to be a diffrent story.

Like when Kodlak died and he was the only one that died and he was naked, I was all kinds of WTF? cause I felt it was kinda dumb that he died the way he did. It didn't make sense to me and other times where I couldn't save someone who was being tortured or executed or whatever as the game would auto kill them anyhow was a little annoying.

Kids can't die in my game, but after Heartfire I'd say there were a fw that tugged on my heartstrings for sure there. I originally got heartfire to build a house or two but then I ran into one of those little dumplings on the street and listened to their story and suddenly they were like Pokemon and I wanted to catch them all LOL.

LOL... ;D ....cute description....and that is one of the reasons why I won't get Hearthfire....I'm a real softie but my Dovahkin is not, nor is he any sort of family man or Home Maker....I would feel terrible for the poor little orphans if they were in my game and so just refuse to have them... :(.... :smile:

Lol! I had no idea myself. I read you could adopt kids and I was all like "Bump that, I just wan't to waste fools and come home to a pimp house!" and then, I ran into some kid selling flowers and well, now (with the help of a mod) I am a semi depressed and proud parent of 4 kids. :/ *sigh*

On a separate note and in addition to my previous post, I was saddened even more about Kodlak dying after read his journal. I can't believe that guild full of warriors and werewolves couldn't protect him and left him laying there naked! Okay, I'm not mad anymore lol, but still.

I almost feel bad that I can't thing of one random NPC that I started to like and would be sad if they died. Meh. Maybe it will come to me later on my eleventeenth playthrough lol.

I fell pray to the same little girl selling flowers. Here's my character - who pretty much kills anyone who looks at him funny (Then resurrects em just to kill em again :p ), feeling so sorry for the poor little girl selling flowers. I of course immediately procedeeded to build the Roristead House and adopted the little rugrat :p

Heimskr. I hate to play Imperial and see him get imprisoned, which is the sole reason I refuse to dl the Unofficial Patch.

I also refuse to kill him because I love, LOVE...his monologue.

He was pretty much the first murder I commited - you can only stand that rasping voice and never-ending moaning for so long. I killed him on my first visit to whitrun.

I fell pray to the same little girl selling flowers. Here's my character - who pretty much kills anyone who looks at him funny (Then resurrects em just to kill em again :P ), feeling so sorry for the poor little girl selling flowers. I of course immediately procedeeded to build the Roristead House and adopted the little rugrat :P

Curse these writers and good voice actors! They really get ya. I almost don't have the heart to tell them that I am kicking them out when they turn 14. Almost. LOL, I am messing. I was just surprised that I ended up wanting to save them.

Most NPCs, while I may think them interesting or okay, they don't really get me invested in them typically but those kids do. I come home and they're all like

Sofie: "Papa, papa... before you adopted me I only had 1 mommy and 1 daddy, before they died of course."

Me: "Yes, I remember, but uh what did daddy tell you about making him have eye water with your stories?"

Sofie: "It isn't that daddy, it's just that me and Lucia wondered why we have more than one mommy."

Lucia: "Yeah, there's like 100s of them!"

Me: "There's not really... that... many... just uh, ask your moms."

Sofie and Lucia: "But we did!"

Me: "And what did they say?"

Sofie: "They said that you have an out of control libaby (libido) and that you like to share your sweet roll waaaaaaaay too much."

Me: "Oh f- my life"

Sofie: "What papa?"

Me: "Nothing dumpling."

Lucia: "Oh! Oh! And they said you're a big time perskirt (pervert)"

Me: "Uh, daddy hears a dragon outside in uh... Whiterun. Bye."

But those conversations aside regarding my Dudestia Mod, I do find myself enjoying coming home and I never thought I would.