Fallout 4 stable modlist.

kremek127

Hello there folks.

I was wondering if there is someone who actually have very stable modded fallout 4 which looks good and would like to share it modlist with some screenshoots here. So basicly to mod Skyrim it took me over a month tweaking, adding mods, testing and it finally looks stunning and also extremely stable. I have over 320 mods in it and didn't receive any CTD for about 10 hours of pure gameplay. After beating it twice i want some change. For the past two weeks i'm trying to find some great combinations of mods for visuals and smooth framerate, but F04 is a fcking nightmare... I just can't get it to work, either i have 30fps and game crashes over and over again or everything works fine but when i try to configure mods in MCM it simply crashes to desktop in few seconds.

Is there any specific version of the F4 game which is stable enough to mod? Does MCM have some problems because it hasn't been updated for such a long time? I just lost my hope and stopped modding it by myself, so if there is any kind soul here who could share their modlist with screenshots (for preview) i'll be thankful.

My pc specs (preferred resolution: 2560x1440):

RTX 2080

Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB ram

SSD Obviously

Thanks in advance for any advice and your time. Take care everyone! (sorry for any mistakes i've made in my post, english is not my native language)

kremek127

Hello. is about your mod priorities. Settlements, quests, armor, Npc, companions, clean textures, Radio, new weapons. There are great and stable quest give new companions, new guns and maybe new settlements. Try to use only the mods you really like. i could add here my plugins txt file, have almost 240 mods but some names files cannot be assigned to specific mods.

i find this page here, have a list of good mods. The ENB there is not good so try to find something else.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8407338-must-have-mods-start-with-those-and-add-others/

Here is showcase of my current 341 plugin load order that will goo up the future. I use this kind of stress test every time I instala new mod. Ofcourse I am picky when comes to mods. I love immerison. Don't like to put things that are breking the lore for me. I am planing for making a guide how to use PANPC mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30140 (I am tester of it for months now) This is the best AI mod on Nexus to this day and heavy in terms of script because it doo things to AI no other mod does. Still as you can see on the videos I tamed the beast :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8rtvQLUAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjUaDod-Tc

Edited by WarFormer1987

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the problem with a stable mod list is that it may be stable for a specfic system at one day with one specific mod version - but what about the next day and another system and all the updates?

i would recommend a stable basis and some rules before a gamechange. some points that helped me a lot (feel free to add):

1. capable hardware, and well configured drivers and operating system free of junk (including cleaners and some av software)

2. a capable mod manager (if you like to mod) with a capable logic (in best case mods 100% separated from game folder). avoid any older tool not fullfilling this requirement!

3. do not trust any mod until you tested it! test every single mod and make backup saves before the test.

4. be aware of mods which need special load order or patches.

4a. be aware of mods (or yourself) altering your ini settings! altered ini settings can also be a reason for stability problems like white out, stutter, ctd and so on.

5. be aware of performance impact and mod hot spots (draw call problem - check always with enb or reshade statistics in case of sudden fps drops)

6. be aware that some scrap mods, overhaul mods and automated script mods potentially can indroduce instability or unwanted dependencies or may destroy your performance in long term.

7. always read mod instructions and mod threads and watch out for signs of known problems

additionally also a warning list may help. e.g. popular mods known for stability or performance issues - some abandoned or not maintained - with no clear warning on the mod page or in the mod thread.

Guest deleted34304850

Is there any specific version of the F4 game which is stable enough to mod? Does MCM have some problems because it hasn't been updated for such a long time? I just lost my hope and stopped modding it by myself, so if there is any kind soul here who could share their modlist with screenshots (for preview) i'll be thankful.

point to note - if a mod hasn't been updated for a while, it only indicates the mod is - to all intents and purposes - stable. you should check the mod page and if you see many unanswered posts reporting bugs - avoid it - but mcm is as stable today as it was a year ago.

point to note - if a mod hasn't been updated for a while, it only indicates the mod is - to all intents and purposes - stable. you should check the mod page and if you see many unanswered posts reporting bugs - avoid it - but mcm is as stable today as it was a year ago.

Yep. MCM has been around for quite some time, and the original version (Oblivion??) worked out most of the kinks. Later games, development time wasn't nearly as long.