Does anyone know what is causing this bug?

Daelyn

My game, even when all mods are taken out, and played without anything still has this bug where the roads are half grass, half dirt. The roads themselves seem to have gone. I would upload an image here to this thread but for some reason NexusMods won't let me. I have uploaded two images to my profile, but I cannot seem to be able to post them here in the forum.

I have followed this guide https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Oblivion_Vanilla_Enhanced#Weather_&_Environment

I was nearly finished it yesterday when something messed up the brightness. I looked it up online, to find that the max brightness was on 1 in the wiki for some reason. So after restoring a backup of all my modding, it looks not bad, but then the roads are messed up as I have explained. So, to test it, I uninstalled the game, then removed everything, and replayed from the start to get to the roads just outside of the Imperial City by the stables, and they are still cut in half with dirt and grass. I have no idea what happened, or how I can fix this. So it is happening now with or without mods and searching online has not helped!

After four days of trying to get the mods from this guide to work, only to see this happen is extremely frustrating. If anyone has advice that can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Daelyn

Both. Both a saved test of the new graphics and a restart from character creation with no mods whatsoever. I can only assume that I need to do a clean install of the game. But would it still affect the roads like that? It's sort of bizarre.

Okay. I did some searching online and found videos and help guides going back ten or more years. What the problem was, and something that I had no idea would affect the game, was that Oblivion cannot seem to properly detect my graphics card, and sets it all to low. I didn't think this meant anything since I was changing the settings in game, and in the launcher, as well as manually in the ini and in so many other places due to all the modding I was doing.

The simple answer was that there are more ways for the game to be set up, and that the options in the launcher setting need to be set to ultra high as well. Just leaving it messes up the game and sets some ground textures to low. I just tested it, and set it to ultra high, loaded up a save, and the roads were fixed and back to normal!

Anyways, thanks HadToRegister and Striker879!