Just had a thought: Can First-Person Animations be Modded?

Elsarian

The question is rather straightforward, obviously. I've noticed that most mods that change many of the combat animations only become apparent in third-person view. For example: You can have a mod that gives you this crazy cool, kung-fu-cinamatic, sword swing, whereas in first-person it would simply appear to be the same vanilla sword swing. So, my question is whether or not it is possible to either edit, or create completely new combat animations for first-person view. Even if it is moddable, I don't know a thing about animation or even how open the Creation Engine is with animations.

So, what do you guys think? Possible? No?

Thanks,

-Elsarian

I was just thinking about this recently. It's pretty silly how few first person animations there are. Top to bottom, horizontal swing from each side, diagonal swing from each side coming down from the top.

Add in a thrust, diagonal slashes coming from the bottom, horizontal swings that stop in the middle instead of going all the way through, a vertical slash going upwards, even some two handed swings!

Edited by Shotokanguy

Yes of course. 1st and 3rd person animations are the same file type. I'm not sure what makes them 1st person only, probably a flag in the file prevents it from displaying in third person. Of course, I only Gamebyro inside and out, not Creation.

Hmm, interesting. Well, if that's the case, I wonder why there aren't more first-person style animation mods? I see all these new mods that make these rather cool animations, especially combat, however I've yet to see someone actually add new animations to the game that can be seen in first-person. It would also be interesting to see new animations for killcams, if that's even possible without motion-capture.

It would be nice if someone could fix the empty left hand bug while in first person.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, hold a weapon in your right hand and nothing in the left, look downwards and walk.

For the killcam idea, dance of death wishes to say hi.

I know, and use, all about the Dance of Death and what it does. However, it does not resolve or add to my suggestion of brand new Killcams. Dance of Death simply uses what Bethesda already made, but didn't include into the game. They were probably a last minute decision to not use those, whereas Dance of Death activates them. I am talking about making completely new animations, untouched by Bethesda; solely from the user.

I'd LOVE a 1st person jump animation that reflects the fact I do a tumble in 3rd person view.

Agreed :biggrin: ! Not only would it be cool to see new combat animations, but all other animations as well. It would seem to me that if it's possible to actually add our character's body in first-person, that quite frankly change the first-person animations, then it should also be possible to edit the stock ones as well.