Site updates and fixes

Dark0ne

In response to post #7970089. #7971405 is also a reply to the same post.

It reeeeeeeally helps if you provide links to where the problems occur, else I can't help!

I don't know if one of those posts was mine, I can't see where this is noted and the links take me to the top of the page, but the one I am talking about is not in one particular place...it happens randomly on any mod I post a comment to. As an example, if I go to any arbitrary mod, let's say this one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35305/?

and add a comment, then think of something I need to change in that post, so I click on the Edit button and make my changes, when I click on the submit button there is about a 50/50 chance the content will not update until I hit my browser (Firefox 20.0.1) refresh button.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had the issue of clicking back from the mod page and being brought back to the search page; I always just went back to the search results. Of course, that was only when I forgot to open the mod page in a new tab (which is just more convenient, anyway).

I will, however, miss only having to click back once to return to my tracked mods page after looking at the mod's discussion board. Not a big deal; I'll just learn to open the mod pages from the tracked mods page in a new tab.

My primary disappointment with the new layout has been with the search page. I loved the old advanced search page, which made it extremely easy to find what I was looking for. With the current search page, I might get 40+ pages of results for a search that used to return 1-2 pages. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Maybe I'm missing something much grander here, but was the old advanced search page broken? If not, please bring it back.

Edited by Cionaoith

In response to post #7972188. #7973352 is also a reply to the same post.

Was hoping someone else brought up this first point. I pretty much never use the regular search feature and have always used the "Advanced Search" link/button to open the advanced search directly in a new tab (because I keep skyrim.nexusmods.com open as my first tab to check things, opening other things like search and image share in new tabs). Now I essentially have to click a random Nexus link to open a new tab, click again to open up the search, type and click to run that search, and then fill in advanced search options and search again or something? Yikes, very convoluted way I have to go for advanced searching. >.< Edited by faeriexdecay

In response to post #7972188. #7973352, #7974373 are all replies on the same post.

Yeah, I like the rest of updates but I would like to keep the advanced search button. Right now I have to make a standard search in order to get to the advanced search page and search again. Also this is only one minor gripe but without the advanced search link now I have to ctrl+click on the search buton to get the search in a new tab whereas before I could middle mouse the link wich is easier. Yeah I know, lazy as f*#@ but imho this kind of details is what makes browsing a page a smooth experience.

In response to post #7974063.

To quote someone I know; "It needs "modern browsing techniques"? There's another term for that - it's called having a poorly designed website." I'm afraid these changes only serve to highlight a lack of, I suppose, unifying design philosophy behind the Nexus sites. As well as things like inefficient use of space, consistent design among the UI elements, and suboptimal presentation of information. When the site was first re-designed, it was really nice - but it's starting to show seams, particularly when these flash of the moment changes and quick fixes happen. Of course, everyone has their own opinion, but I really think changes like these should be implemented with the same caution as the entire redesign was done back in 2011 - as a limited beta, preferably with a place people can voice their concerns and note whatever bugs they find. Especially with the goal of wanting to be the "nexus" for any and every other moddable game, too. After all, it's most likely they didn't expect people to complain about what they did - and although they probably expected people like you to complain as you are now there's not much they can do about it. (Personally, I think they should limit the added back addresses to the search pages - y'know, where it existed before they made the new one. "Tabbed browsing" doesn't help when you restart your browser and any search page gets reset to "Where are the search terms?".) Edited by roxahris

In response to post #7972078. #7972153 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks for the explanation. Guess it doesn't do what I was hoping, so will have to continue using the ReadMe tab for my change logs. I still think the new option for Change Logs is a great improvement.

Any explanation as to why I can't delete the entry? The Delete icon does not have any link.