Dawnguard - annoyed at backstory

ZenonSeth

I'm more annoyed by the paper-thin plot than these sordid elements (though I have to admit that those are somewhat annoying, as well).

And, when I bash a bandit's head in, I'm not being a hypocrite or a muderer if that bandit attacked me FIRST. It's called self-defense, which last I checked is still referred to in civilized society as excusable homicide (forget about how absolutely necessary it is in a more primitive and savage setting).

Sheesh. Some people and their narrow POVs.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given game mechanics, I don't even care to wait for them to attack me (I mean I know they are going to do it), I will kill them before they even decide to attack me if I get the chance but I still won't accept the idea that my actions make me "mass murderer" lol.

And yeah, I think you said what I was trying to say about the Daedric Lords just in a shorter and ADD friendly way. At least let us truly defy them even if we can't crush them.

Let me tell Balgruuf his son is serving a demon living in his pantry every time he says he's going to get a snack.

The whole human race exists because of rape (I doubt the cavemen 50 thousand years ago were asking cavewomen nicely out for dinner first rather than grabbing them by the hair and dragging them along), and you're worried more about some fictional vampires in a video game? Dude... :confused: Edited by RealNC

The whole human race exists because of rape (I doubt the cavemen 50 thousand years ago were asking cavewomen nicely out for dinner first rather than grabbing them by the hair and dragging them along), and you're worried more about some fictional vampires in a video game? Dude... :confused:

... :blink: ....You do know 'Rape' isn't that common among Animal Species don't you?....Granted some species do, but the majority do not....many higher primates do have incidences of rape, but that is outside the norm, the most common outstanding courtship behavior among the greater majority of Animal Species is the male proving himself worthy of mating rights....females denying him until he proves himself worthy.....Thus common sense dictates Cave Men were not a mob of rampant Rapists....There are many more ways than just taking someone to Dinner in the hopes of gaining mating rights.... :P

Yes, annoyance at a Games story is 'First World Problems', but then again most of our annoyed or difficult moments, etc... in life in the Western World are First World Problems.....why single this one out?

Edit...spelling

Edited by StayFrosty05

The whole human race exists because of rape (I doubt the cavemen 50 thousand years ago were asking cavewomen nicely out for dinner first rather than grabbing them by the hair and dragging them along), and you're worried more about some fictional vampires in a video game? Dude... :confused:

Are you saying that, if we were to credit it with the existence of our entire species (which I can't but whatever, we'll skip that for now), we should be okay with rape these days?

And we can't change what happened 50,000 years ago and there's a lot of tragedies that happen everyday we can do nothing about, but for some people that would add to the irritation if they can't do anything about terrible things in a video game too.

I was a little bit disgusted with how it is, but that's just how it is. I think the main problem is that the writers have chosen to only briefly touch on the subject as if it is nothing, and leave us there to ponder about it (which usually leads to us thinking the conditions were of the utmost severity).

If there was a little bit more information, I'm sure we could all come to grips with just exactly what is going on. It's the not knowing bit that probably makes it all seem excruciating.

Also, I'm not really sure, but if Harkon can make you a vampire lord simply by biting you on the neck, why couldn't he just do that to Serana? Or wouldn't that be considered "pure blood" or whatever they called it?

I was a little bit disgusted with how it is, but that's just how it is. I think the main problem is that the writers have chosen to only briefly touch on the subject as if it is nothing, and leave us there to ponder about it (which usually leads to us thinking the conditions were of the utmost severity).

If there was a little bit more information, I'm sure we could all come to grips with just exactly what is going on. It's the not knowing bit that probably makes it all seem excruciating.

Also, I'm not really sure, but if Harkon can make you a vampire lord simply by biting you on the neck, why couldn't he just do that to Serana? Or wouldn't that be considered "pure blood" or whatever they called it?

From what I understood from Serana's dialog, as a 'Daughter of Cold Harbor' the only way she could become one was though the direct sexual contact with Molag Bal and I really couldn't imagine him being very pleasant about the whole ordeal....thus a rather brutal rape.

lso, I'm not really sure, but if Harkon can make you a vampire lord simply by biting you on the neck, why couldn't he just do that to Serana? Or wouldn't that be considered "pure blood" or whatever they called it?

The Vampire Lord form is something that has apparently developed in Harkon's particular Vampiric "clan" over time - it's not directly related to the Coldharbour setup, if it was both Serana and Valerica would also be able to call on the Vampire Lord form when they felt the need.

I don't even know if Harkon would have had the Vampire Lord transformation during the period before Serana was sealed away, it might have developed in the time afterwards.

The lack of the powers provided by that form might explain why Valerica decided to opt for running from Harkon and hiding both herself and Serana away, rather than face him directly. In a direct confrontation he'd (supposedly) be the more powerful. If both women had the same abilities, they'd have him 2 to 1 (plus whatever minions they could muster).

lso, I'm not really sure, but if Harkon can make you a vampire lord simply by biting you on the neck, why couldn't he just do that to Serana? Or wouldn't that be considered "pure blood" or whatever they called it?

The Vampire Lord form is something that has apparently developed in Harkon's particular Vampiric "clan" over time - it's not directly related to the Coldharbour setup, if it was both Serana and Valerica would also be able to call on the Vampire Lord form when they felt the need.

I don't even know if Harkon would have had the Vampire Lord transformation during the period before Serana was sealed away, it might have developed in the time afterwards.

The lack of the powers provided by that form might explain why Valerica decided to opt for running from Harkon and hiding both herself and Serana away, rather than face him directly. In a direct confrontation he'd (supposedly) be the more powerful. If both women had the same abilities, they'd have him 2 to 1 (plus whatever minions they could muster).

its a nice theory however Serana can regrant you Vampire Lord should you lose it (via cure or lycanthropy) so she has the same abilities as Harkon - she just chooses not to use them