Favorite Retro Game

jaosals42

I actually find it quite hard to narrow down my favourite games, come to think of it.

only thing i'm 100% sure of, is that the 90's were GOLDEN for gamers. It's rare to find the same joy in modern games. Allthough i'm looking forward to Duke Nuken forever releasing in a few days.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing Commander series and Dark Forces series are my two favourite Retro games! They both just had me sucked in for Replayablility and who doesnt love Sci-Fi?

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget the classic X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter and Mechwarrior game series? Starcraft, Warcraft?

Edited by Atalish

• 2 weeks later...
User is offline Wrath_Of_Deadguy01

Fan

PipPipPip

Add as Friend

PM this member

Group: Members

Kudos: 10 [+]

AP: 129

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

- System Shock 2

- Homeworld

- C&C 95

- Earthsiege 2

- Myst

- Riven

- Fallout

- Starsiege: Tribes

- Diablo II

- Half-Life

To name but a few of many. The 90s were very, very good years to be a gamer.

Definitely half life,diablo,fallout,command & conquer tiberium sun ( win 95 ) from the list were the best.

But mine is: Lemmings for windows 97....if I remember well... :wallbash:

Edited by Lilchewchew

Probably King of Dragon Pass, though there are several titles that would easily give it a run for the money (such as Star Control 2, Planescape Torment, Magic Candle I, Hidden Agenda, Ultima VII, Master of Magic, and Might and Magic III). Wonderfully in-depth, detailed, fantasy sim of ruling a Northern barbarian tribe, with heroes who age, and 500+ mini-plots, any of which may/may not be any particular game you play.

Uhhh...does Starcraft count as a retro game (released in 1998)? If so, that's my favorite. :)

Also, the Castlevania series, especially SotN, although I don't remember the release date for that one.

Edited by rinoaff33

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time by default :happy:

However, favourite M rated retro game deffinately goes to Conker's Bad Fur Day hands down. What other games literally has a pile of crap singing about crap? :dance:

• 1 month later...