⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Favorite Retro Game

jaosals42

Nary a mention of one of my favourites of long long ago ... Harpoon.

Privateer got a page one mention (the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion of the space based RPGs)

Another fav of mine ... but only a 'hybrid' retro ... Classic Doom 3 (Doom 3 game engine with all the Knee Deep In The Dead content ported ... the pinkys from Doom 3 only LOTS of them).

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doom 3 is considered retro? Eh, I guess with original DOOM content stuffed into it, maybe...

Where might I get this hybridized D3? I guess it might be worth digging out my D3 discs for...

Hehe ... I knew I was usin' a bit 'o poetic licence. If you ever played Knee Deep In Dead this will blow you away. Here's the link for it on Doom3 Files (hosted by FileFront I believe).

First pinky I ran into ate me alive. Gotta' love it.

Edit: You've got to scroll down near the bottom of the page and it will take you to Gamefront for the download ... just got a backup copy myself. Your Doom 3 will need to be patched up to 1.3.1 so don't forget to get the patch too if you're reinstalling from the retail disks. Steam is already patched up I think (I'm a non-Steam type of guy myself).

Edited by Striker879

• 4 weeks later...

hmm retro games lol. list would be too long of the good retro games so ill do 1990-2000.

PC:

Dreamweb

Ultima VII

Crusader: No Remorse

Crusader: No Regret

Duke Nukem 3D

Terminal Velocity

Half-Life

Planescape: Torment

Quake 2

Ripper

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

XCOM: UFO Defense

Jagged Alliance

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

Alone in the Dark

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Wolfenstein 3D

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The 7th Guest

Neverwinter Nights

Lemmings

Betrayal at Krondor

Console:

Perfect Dark(N64)

Goldeneye(N64)

Super Mario 64(N64)

Parasite Eve(PSX)

Destruction Derby II(PSX)

Daytona USA(Saturn)

Bonk(TurboGrafx-16)

Final Fantasy(NES)(The best Final Fantasy)

Final Fantasy VI, Phantasy Star VI, and River City Ransom. FFVI is my all time favorite and up until Mass Effect 2, PSIV was my second favorite of all time and I must've beaten River City Ransom at least 140 times during the infamous Ice Storm that ravaged the state of New York in the early nineties and I am still not tired of it. Xenogears and The Legend of the Dragoon are also special mentions.

• 2 months later...

I remember playing the very first Civilization on my Amiga 500 and staying up for 72 hours straight because i didn't know how to save games... Good times.

Favourite retro games hmm...

Some of you mentioned Red Alert 1 which i love. Same goes for RES1+2 (currently going through 5, not quite the same).

But i think the first game that stands out to me, is Planescape Torment. It's not quite retro, but seing as some of you mentioned newer games i think it fits.

That game to me, still stands out as having the best background story and most interesting universe for a RPG.

If you wanna go further back - i kinda miss my old Double Dragon 2, for the original Gameboy :(

Edited by Elenor