[FO4] Texture mods do not load in game using vortex

dbsmishra279

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

two posts, both containing the same nonsense. well done you.

Mate, I already explained what i meant in that second topic... The main point of my post was adding the lines to Fallout.ini and Custom.ini , not my guess that Vortex does not deploy texture mods. Please stop being toxic, unfortunatelly my solution did not work for dbsmishra but it worked for me, so atleast i tried...

not being toxic.

passing bad advice could be considered toxic as in you could cause even more problems getting the OP to edit allsorts of files which is simply not required.

your assertion that vortex "ignores" ba2 files is simply wrong, made worse by a further assertion that it will install some ba2 files but not others. this shows a complete lack of understanding about how mod managers work and how to add mods to your game.

none of what you suggested is correct, or necessary.

the issue with the OP is going to be resolved by the OP eventually going back to a clean install, and following one of gopher's vortex tutorials about how to set it up and get going. it's nothing to do with ignoring some files or making wild edits that are not necessary. it's entirely down to the fact that the OP's setup of vortex isn't optimal.

helping people is fine, but you need to know what you're talking about otherwise your well-intended efforts could further derail the OP and then what happens? well going on history, people will blame vortex, as they always do (read the vast majority of posts in these forums).

to help, you need to be clear and correct. otherwise you're just adding to the problem.

I partly agree, I am a new user of Vortex, but I have been using mod managers for a very long time now and sometimes there were problem with the activation of the mods, so it was my guess that Vortex could have the same problem. I was pretty desperate when I wrote that and of course the problem was somewhere else. Still I think that my advise about the ini files was not harmfull, as the ini file can be restored to original values and it is proven it has helped some people (it may cause longer loading times, but not in every case).

I get your point and respect that, although I think i did nothing wrong.

Guest deleted34304850

in your other post in another thread your issue was down to an enb and nothing to do with vortex. i think you for coming back and telling us that. by doing that, it is always available in these forums, and its another thing we can ask anyone else who has issues in the future. doing that helps enormously and i appreciate you doing that, because many people don't.

i'm hoping the OP comes back to this thread at some point and lets us know how they got on.

in your other post in another thread your issue was down to an enb and nothing to do with vortex. i think you for coming back and telling us that. by doing that, it is always available in these forums, and its another thing we can ask anyone else who has issues in the future. doing that helps enormously and i appreciate you doing that, because many people don't.

i'm hoping the OP comes back to this thread at some point and lets us know how they got on.

WOW!

Dude! I cannot thank you enough.

Watched Gopher's playlist on how to get started with Vortex.

Did literally everything you asked in the exact same order till I got the 'Achievements Disabled' prompt.

Installed and deployed each mod step by step and checked in-game textures simultaneously and it WORKED.

I'm currently following this site for the mod list : https://eso-ui.com/fallout4/

I'm halfway through the mod list with no problem and immediate noticeable changes.

I still don't know what went wrong the first time (It can be anything from installing FSE Loader to Install/Load order of mods or even pure negligence on my part to check everything step by step).

So to anyone who finds this thread in future facing the same problem, go to page 3, read @1ae0bfb8's instructions, be patient & thorough and you're guaranteed to get results.

I also appreciate everyone who tried to help. Thank you!

Cheers!