[FO4] Texture mods do not load in game using vortex

dbsmishra279

Ye

Hello,

Complete modding noob here and would appreciate any help.

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory, added data invalidation lines in the ini files, and installed/deployed the following mods(in screenshot).

(I faced one conflict between Enhanced Blood Texture and Fallout 4 Texture Optimization Project to which I set the rule to load EBT after Fallout 4 TOP[Please correct me if I'm wrong])

All the mods work except the building/landscape/environment etc. textures. I can see that Enhanced Blood textures work and so does Improved Maps with visible road 2.0.

I found multiple posts on the same issue but couldn't find a solution anywhere.

The mods that don't show any effect are:

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

- SavrenX Landscape Interior Building DLC

- High Res Pack 2k - Valius

- Vivid Fallout - All in one

Building interior/exterior, roads etc look really bad and very low res. Some in-game components look good though like cabinets in some houses so I think some mod is working.

I didn't set my load order manually. I let vortex sort the load order.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8421313-vortex-texture-mods-do-not-work-all-other-mods-work-fine-any-ideas/

This was my reference post so I've tried everything that was done here before proceeding to make a new topic to see if this issue has been resolved.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Thank you.

Well, this is a problem....

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory

Installed the MOD MANAGER VORTEX, in the Same Directory as the High Res Pack?

Do you mean you have Vortex installed in the Game Data Directory, or somehow have Vortex installed in its Own Mod Staging Folder?

-OR-

when you say "Installed Vortex in the same directory" do you mean you Installed Vortex on the same DRIVE as the Game?

Yes, I mean I've installed the game(steam) and vortex in the same drive. Sorry for the misinformation.

Paths are as follows:

Game : G:\Games Installed\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

Vortex Installation: G:\Games Installed\Vortex

Vortex Mod Staging folder : G:\Vortex Mods\fallout4

Ye

Hello,

Complete modding noob here and would appreciate any help.

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory, added data invalidation lines in the ini files, and installed/deployed the following mods(in screenshot).

(I faced one conflict between Enhanced Blood Texture and Fallout 4 Texture Optimization Project to which I set the rule to load EBT after Fallout 4 TOP[Please correct me if I'm wrong])

All the mods work except the building/landscape/environment etc. textures. I can see that Enhanced Blood textures work and so does Improved Maps with visible road 2.0.

I found multiple posts on the same issue but couldn't find a solution anywhere.

The mods that don't show any effect are:

- FlaconOil 2k

- NMCs Bundle HIGH

- SavrenX Landscape Interior Building DLC

- High Res Pack 2k - Valius

- Vivid Fallout - All in one

Building interior/exterior, roads etc look really bad and very low res. Some in-game components look good though like cabinets in some houses so I think some mod is working.

I didn't set my load order manually. I let vortex sort the load order.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8421313-vortex-texture-mods-do-not-work-all-other-mods-work-fine-any-ideas/

This was my reference post so I've tried everything that was done here before proceeding to make a new topic to see if this issue has been resolved.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Thank you.

Well, this is a problem....

I installed Fallout 4 with High Res Texture pack, installed Vortex in the same directory

Installed the MOD MANAGER VORTEX, in the Same Directory as the High Res Pack?

Do you mean you have Vortex installed in the Game Data Directory, or somehow have Vortex installed in its Own Mod Staging Folder?

-OR-

when you say "Installed Vortex in the same directory" do you mean you Installed Vortex on the same DRIVE as the Game?

Yes, I mean I've installed the game(steam) and vortex in the same drive. Sorry for the misinformation.

Paths are as follows:

Game : G:\Games Installed\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

Vortex Installation: G:\Games Installed\Vortex

Vortex Mod Staging folder : G:\Vortex Mods\fallout4

Just letting you know for future reference, only the Mod Staging Folder for Vortex needs to be on the same drive.

Vortex itself can be installed anywwhere

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

two posts, both containing the same nonsense. well done you.

Mate, I already explained what i meant in that second topic... The main point of my post was adding the lines to Fallout.ini and Custom.ini , not my guess that Vortex does not deploy texture mods. Please stop being toxic, unfortunatelly my solution did not work for dbsmishra but it worked for me, so atleast i tried...

Edited by KaktusikCZ

1. Click the bell notification icon to check if you're missing any error or conflict messages, if you are, then do what they tell you to do

2. go to SETTINGS----> MODS, make sure Deployment Method is set to HARDLINK

3. Go to SETTINGS----->INTERFACE

Turn On
Deploy Mods when Enabled
Enable Mods when installed (in current profile)

4. Go to Regular MODS tab, make sure the Textures you installed are ENABLED, also, click DEPLOY MODS on the top Menu
5. Go to EXTENSIONS tab, make sure all of the following Extensions are ENABLED

Gamebryo Archive Invalidation
​Gamebryo Ba2 Support
​Gamebryo Bsa Support
​Gamebryo Plugin Indexlock
​Gamebryo Plugin Management
​Gamebryo Savegame Management
​Gamebryo Test Settings

@HadToRegister

Did everything you asked.

Checked EXTENSIONS tab and everything seems to be in place and enabled.

This is my load order which was sorted automatically by vortex after I enabled all the plugins and clicked on 'Sort Now'

This is the only conflict I faced during the installation/deployment of all the mods i.e. between Enhanced Blood Texture and FO4 Texture Optimization Project. In the rule, I've set EBT to load 'After' FO4 TOP.

Please rectify the rule if it's wrong.

Look at your fallout4.ini

The ARCHIVE section should look like this

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList=Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

What "Archive Invalidation" did you add to the ini file?

Also, if it was you that posted the closeup armor and road pics, that looks normal when your graphic card can't keep up loading the Hi Res textures.

What card to you have and how much VRAM does it have?

Look at your fallout4.ini

The ARCHIVE section should look like this

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList=Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

What "Archive Invalidation" did you add to the ini file?

Also, if it was you that posted the closeup armor and road pics, that looks normal when your graphic card can't keep up loading the Hi Res textures.

What card to you have and how much VRAM does it have?

My fallout4.ini [ARCHIVE] section looks exactly like this.

No, it wasn't me who posted the closeup screenshhots. This is my first post in this forum :P

I added the following lines in fallout4custom.ini :

[Display]

iLocation X=0

iLocation Y=0

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I use a GTX 1060 6 GB. I think the VRAM might be a problem here because the recommended VRAM is 8 GB. What should I do?

Thank you.