Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to me it looks like it's just MS continuing on a trend of abysmal decisions that started maybe 2008-9. Right now they don't think there'll be a backlash strong enough to hurt the brand-and they're probably right, but at this rate, most smart gamers will be going PS4 or PC. The Wii U(I hate that name, sounds so stupid with my accent) is a dead skunk, and right now the PS4 is not only a better console for hardcores, but Sony has not in any way alienated it's community in the way MS has. MS has been pushing it's luck for a while, although never enough to bring consequences. In the coming months though it may find it's butt bitten; you can't just alienate your entire community and expect they won't just up stakes and move to a console which hasn't treated them like dumb sheep.

It'll take bad sales for them to change the setup, look at Windows 8, it was obvious that it was a disaster waiting to happen but they wouldn't listen, now finally they're going to put back what they should never have removed and let you remove what shouldn't have been there in the first place. Microsoft have forgotten the customer, the Metro UI on Win 8 is proof enough of that. Metro UI is there to sell Windows apps from their app store but what use is it to the end user? Live tiles and Androids widgets make sense on a phone, it's a device you look at occasionally to check for emails, tweets ect. People don't use a PC like that, if you're in front of a PC then you're there to do something, you're not going to sit there watching the live tiles waiting for something to happen. I have a laptop with a touchscreen yet I go straight past Metro to the desktop, I do that because Metro is of no use, why check for the last email, tweet or single headline when I can get everything in detail from the desktop?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Everyone owns a phone and so Microsoft thinks that means nobody wants to use a desktop any more; though I highly doubt the number of desktop users has changed at all, it's just that every Tom, Dick and Harry have gone and bought a phone :P

Microsoft seems to have completely lost the plot since Big Bill stepped down. Windows 8 is a perfect example and so is this new Xbox. I'm not saying I liked Big Bill, but I'm sure it's pretty obvious he knew how to run the company better than whoever's in charge nowadays.

But if Microsoft goes under, what do we do then? I think Win 7 is a fantastic OS but it won't be good forever. I don't like Linux (though admittedly I haven't had much experience with it) and I won't touch apple with a bargepole.

i doubt Bill had much of anything to do with the xbox in general. its like a completely different section of the company. its like Sony, the people behind the console have nothing to do with the TVs or Stereos, or phones, etc. they only crossover would be to have certain things work between the items, but the CEO of Sony is different from the CEO of Sony America and there are different heads for Sony Entertainment and Playstation and whatnot. as far as microsoft goes, Bill would have had nothing to do with the Xbox One (or those before it).

they dont have support for Japan? i mean i know Japan is Sony/Playstations biggest fanboys, but to not support Japan at all is stupid, though nothing surprises me anymore

but thats ok, those beloved in the military will have a better time on the PS4 anyways.

I lost all hope for ign, turns out IGN comments thread had turned into a xbone one fandom site.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/podcast-unlocked-ep-099-rock-engines#comment-934905108

almost feels like MS employees has taken over, obviously not the smartest people. :verymad:

Edited by Thor.

they dont have support for Japan? i mean i know Japan is Sony/Playstations biggest fanboys, but to not support Japan at all is stupid, though nothing surprises me anymore

but thats ok, those beloved in the military will have a better time on the PS4 anyways.

Not just Japan, they've missed Asia completely.

LOL yea i figured it would be like that. the article just specifically mentioned Japan so thats what i took. but i assumed it would be all/most of Asia.

the funny thing is that the console will still sell (probably ahead of the Wii U) here in America. then all the fanboys here will still think its the best console of all time. they all think it about the xbox, i tried telling them that the PS3 beat the 360 in every other region besides the 360, but they still argue it sold more, which it did. it sold enough in the US the even with the PS3 leading everywhere else, the 360 was still ahead. however that wont be the case this time. the PS4 will beat the Xbone everywhere. but fanboys will be fanboys, and im just not sure im ready for it.