Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

no DRM and $399 is the only reason sony won, but man everyone thought microsoft wasn't gonna stand a chance. it kinda held its own.

talking about sony - but they showed almost no new games, new games shown weren't gameplay, most impressive games were multiplatform(like microsoft) and you have to pay to play MP now they waste time talking about TV. YES TV the reason everyone is pissed at MS the first time, social crap and i told you that it didn't matter if dont integrate your facebook because PSN was gonna turn into a social network.

all in all, i'll get one but not a launch

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the exception of that little AC4 bump, Sony/PS4 crushed MS/Xbox1 in every way.

Sony:

- No Used Came Restrictions what so ever

- No Online Checks

- PSN Still Free

- $399 ($100 cheaper then xbox1)

- Destiny

Destiny looks to be a reason to buy a PS4 in and of itself.

- COOP! (huge in my book. not enough coop games)

- Leveling (RPG elements are never a bad thing)

- (player specific?) Loot! (looks to be generated per player, no loot stealing!!)

- Public Events!

As of right now, i am fully on board with PS4. no specific release date, still "this holiday season".

im not a fan of the design of the PS4, i also thought right away how similarly it looked like an xbox, that said, why would you buy or not buy a console solely based on its looks?

my last remark is a slight concern of mine. they made it sound like if you dont have PS+ then you may not have full access to multiplayer/online aspects of games? this doesnt surprise me in all honesty, i saw similar things coming with their attempt at Online Pass, but if this is the case, it kind of sucks. I for one do have PS+, as i think its hugely worth it (tons of Free games, many AA/AAA titles, demos, full game trials, more free/discounted stuff, cloud storage and more) but to force someone to buy into PS+ to unlock the full potential of a game doesnt sit right with me.... :/

anyways, i was fully happy with what i saw (super pumped about Desitny lol) cant wait to hear more as the holiday season comes closer.

no DRM and $399 is the only reason sony won, but man everyone thought microsoft wasn't gonna stand a chance. it kinda held its own.

but they showed almost no new games, new games shown weren't gameplay, most impressive games were multiplatform(like microsoft) and you have to pay to play MP now.

Its not like Xbox live, it literally pays for itself, free games, and content ,extended services. Its not a rip off like Xbox live, its worth every penny.

A free game literally every month or weeks in fact.

Agree forcing it isn't a ideal situation, but at least you can use netflix and all of the other online media without having to forced into Xbox live. its like ms is making off of a free service, sort of free service, but ms shouldn't be making money off of it.

Edited by Thor.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: DriveClub for free, so that makes up for the fact i am going to pre order the collectors edition gt6, the ps3 was ahead of its time, its capable of tessellation which at that time of launch was unheard of.

The console that could, not to mention at 1080P like gt5. You know how much power it takes to render anything in tessellated graphics. That gt6 engine must be one optimized engine :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.

the ps3 was ahead of its time

Nope.

its capable of tessellation

Nope.

at that time of launch was unheard of.

Nope.

1080P

Nope.

Be careful when posting comments like that, it can and has been known in the past to kick off arguments between rabid fanboys.

Yes it is, look at the gt6 trailer, it stated it in the trailer itself. it doesn't lie.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-e3-trailer-84-screenshots-reveal-new-cars-tracks-locations/

Proof you're wrong here.

gt5 was in 1080P at 60fps, look it up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.

No, the PS3 did not render at 1080p. It rendered at 720p and then "upscaled" the image, whatever that means. Also, I remember playing it myself and it was NOT running at 60fps, I promise you :P

You were talking about GT5... weren't you?

No ot was rendered in 1080P, look it up, they even had trouble keeping the fps steady at time during the race, look it up. But sooner patched it and it stable, through and through.

its also capable of rendering 3d at 60fps. i own the game i know for a fact it runs at 60fps and 1080P-3d.

proof of the 3d capability

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2010/06/gt5_ce_ps3_1_s.jpg

the collectors edition also mentions some where the resolution as well.

i can't find a decent reviewer that mentions all the cool stuff. the only thing holding the ps3 back is that 360, all those exclusives were hurting its true capabilities.

Edited by Thor.