Crashing To Desktop Upon Getting to Sanctuary

robeagle

So I've not modded Fallout 4 in awhile but I've still of course remembered the basics, Clean the Master files using F4Edit,Check all others with LOOT, Compatibility all such as that and for some reason I am still experiencing crashing to desktop when I enter Sanctuary , now I don't know if its BECAUSE of entering sanctuary or if its because of it randomly crashing It may be a coincidence upon entering sanctuary. Relatively speaking I have not got "Too many" Mods installed (Personally in my opinion.. although that opinion may be skewed due to how much I've modded Skyrim in the past!)

Whilst I Could in theory go through each mod that would take up a valuable amount of time sadly LOOT has nothing to offer in terms of information, Nor am I finding anything elsewhere about what could be causing the problem so I'd appreciate somebody with some decent experience in figuring this out.

[EDIT] :

(Load Order)

Also to note I use VogueENB's Default settings

And my System Specs are

i5 9th Gen

32gb DDR4 3200mhz Ram

2060Super

Fallout 4 Itself is installed on an NVME SSD as are the mods Staging folder.

Maybe the quieter settlements mods?

Might experiment a bit, and see if it is indeed sanctuary that is giving you fits, settlements in general, or, is it just a random crash. Abernathy Farm isn't too far away, try heading there, and see if you crash there as well.

Maybe the quieter settlements mods?

Might experiment a bit, and see if it is indeed sanctuary that is giving you fits, settlements in general, or, is it just a random crash. Abernathy Farm isn't too far away, try heading there, and see if you crash there as well.

I headed to Abernanthy Farm as you suggested, got there in one piece combat all working nicely and smoothly no issues there , Didn't crash there at all

Fast travelled back to the vault ; Headed into sanctuary - and Instantly crashed at the exact same spot the Entrance just across the Bridge - So its definitely something related to sanctuary (Have no removed The Quieter settlement mods)

If you are familiar with xedit, might try loading up your mods, and see which ones affect sanctuary......

I "Know" how to use it In THEORY, Like I said I can clean the masterfiles go into the nitty gritty parts and remove things manually But this may be out of my depth I'll give it a little look see if I can find anything but honestly I'm not sure what to look for outside of things that just mention "Sanctuary"

Edit : In The meantime using my best guesses I have come up with a list of Potentially Hazardous mods that theoretically could have a problem in sanctuary simply based on deduction of what Mods may or may not have Assets in Sanctuary.

Arbitration
Beast Master (Doubt it, never had an issue before)
Unique NPCs
Lore Friendly Globes? (Doubt it)
Sim Settlements 2 (Relatively quite a stable Mod.)
Better Generators
Quieter Settlements
Enhanced Lights And FX? (Unlikely since elsewhere is fine.)
Settlements Expanded?? (Possible.)
FAR? (Doubt It)
Wasteland Imports (Never had a problem before.)
F76 Watchtowers ?
Fallout London Weapons? (Doubt.)
More Uniques? / Unique Uniques?
Wild Wasteland?

A lot of those I have no idea what they do. :) A few more, I have never used, so, no experience with them..... Settlements Expanded I think is highly unlikely, as I have used that in the past, with no issues. The only NPC in Sanctuary is Codsworth.... so, doubt that one is it either. :D

A lot of those I have no idea what they do. :smile: A few more, I have never used, so, no experience with them..... Settlements Expanded I think is highly unlikely, as I have used that in the past, with no issues. The only NPC in Sanctuary is Codsworth.... so, doubt that one is it either. :D

Yeah for that reason those were long shots, I've figured how to apply a filter to look for specific words such as Sanctuary so I did so these are what showed up :

I've Narrowed it downto (*Based upon what I've had no issues with in the past*)

SS2
BTInt_Opti
Phase4DLC
Vault Tec Historical Preserv
I will shortly try uninstalling these specific mods and doing a few tests.

A lot of those I have no idea what they do. :smile: A few more, I have never used, so, no experience with them..... Settlements Expanded I think is highly unlikely, as I have used that in the past, with no issues. The only NPC in Sanctuary is Codsworth.... so, doubt that one is it either. :D

Yeah for that reason those were long shots, I've figured how to apply a filter to look for specific words such as Sanctuary so I did so these are what showed up :

attachicon.gif Sanctuary Mentioned Filter.txt

So after some Rigerous Hour of testing and uninstalling,fixing,patching

The issue turned out to be an FPS related Mod which is surprising as it was meant to be a Fix not a buggy mess which causes crashing at Sanctuary : Thank you for all your help I could not have done it without your suggestion of using F4Edit to look for Sanctuary related queries.