Announcing Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil

1shoedpunk

I think there is already such being made by the same guys doing Skywind called Skyblivion. You should try joining forces so a cyrodiil travel from Skyrim in Skyrim is possible.

As I understand it, while they are making efforts to be independent from assets from previous games, their current asset practices are incompatible with our policies and Nexus rules.

Also, we have two very different goals in mind. While they aim to recreate Cyrodiil as it was in Oblivion, we want to see what it looks like now.

So work together and then take their finished product and do what you like with it, since working together gets the job done faster. Your excuse is just lame.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ guinolas: I'm checking out your Cyrodill soundtrack as I type - does sound very nice and fitting for any Skyrim content. Do I take it you're using East West products? Whichever libraries you're using, they sound sweet. FWIW: I have EW Symphonic Orchestra (Platinum), EW Symphonic Choirs, EW Pianos (Gold), Miroslav Orchestra (lovely strings!), Vienna Symphonic Library, EW Stormdrum 2, EW Goliath, EW RA, EW VoP, EW MoR - should be able to churn something out with that lot.

I'm going to get into some soundtracking myself sometime, but I'm 100% preoccupied with a somewhat major weather and lighting mod for Skyrim right now. I'll definitely keep track of your work though, it's very inspiring.

Are you planning on natively including open cities in this mod? I don't have a very good computer for gaming, but would still love to play this. I would expect that you'll be getting a lot of pressure from the hardcore gamers to not include loading screens, and it might be easier, but is there a chance that this will use the same city format as skyrim for performance users?

Unless plans have changed (I haven't been on much the last few weeks due to exams and then no internet) our intention is to natively include open cities as standard, this is based on discussions with Arthmoor,(the guy who worked on the open cities mods) where it was decided that open cities doesn't have a huge impact on performance and most computers these days can cope, the lack of open cities in the vanilla game is apparently due to issues caused by the limited capabilities of the current generation of consoles

I haven't ever given it a shot; maybe I'm just overly paranoid/maybe I shouldn't be running Skyrim on a 2010 Macbook on Bootcamp. Either way, this looks too good to pass up! I'm really looking forward to it!

@ guinolas: I'm checking out your Cyrodill soundtrack as I type - does sound very nice and fitting for any Skyrim content. Do I take it you're using East West products? Whichever libraries you're using, they sound sweet. FWIW: I have EW Symphonic Orchestra (Platinum), EW Symphonic Choirs, EW Pianos (Gold), Miroslav Orchestra (lovely strings!), Vienna Symphonic Library, EW Stormdrum 2, EW Goliath, EW RA, EW VoP, EW MoR - should be able to churn something out with that lot.

I'm going to get into some soundtracking myself sometime, but I'm 100% preoccupied with a somewhat major weather and lighting mod for Skyrim right now. I'll definitely keep track of your work though, it's very inspiring.

That's right! I changed my set about a month (Gold Edition) and I'm upgrading previous tracks. Before I chose EWQL, I also looked to Miroslav (IK version), but not having the KS factor was the main reason I didn't choose it.

I also acquired Ra, and ERA Medieval legends. This last one has beautiful samples, you can hear some of it working in the tavern themes.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope we can get to work together sometime.

I think there is already such being made by the same guys doing Skywind called Skyblivion. You should try joining forces so a cyrodiil travel from Skyrim in Skyrim is possible.

As I understand it, while they are making efforts to be independent from assets from previous games, their current asset practices are incompatible with our policies and Nexus rules.

Also, we have two very different goals in mind. While they aim to recreate Cyrodiil as it was in Oblivion, we want to see what it looks like now.

So work together and then take their finished product and do what you like with it, since working together gets the job done faster. Your excuse is just lame.

The excuse is not lame and I object to you say that it is. We have two completely different aims and two completely different methods for achieving them. skyblivion is simply recreating the original game, to do that that are reusing assets from oblivion. We on the other hand are creating a whole new game that is set in skyrim, as such we are creating brand new assets which will show the effects of 200 years of time.

We have done a bit of information and method sharing, but we cannot work directly with them as long as they still use assets from Oblivion and Morrowind. Doing so would mean that we would not be able to have a presence on the Nexus or Bethesda forums as it is in direct violation of their rules.

We have done a bit of information and method sharing, but we cannot work directly with them as long as they still use assets from Oblivion and Morrowind. Doing so would mean that we would not be able to have a presence on the Nexus or Bethesda forums as it is in direct violation of their rules.

Well then just work behind the scenes. You don't have to confirm what you are doing. You just need to change what is the final product so it can be presented here. However, since what you are doing is going to require making something that looks LIKE Cyrodiil, which Bethesda already has made with Oblivion (regardless of how you changed, alter, reuse or imply as an original remake or differentiation) that you might get censored here nevertheless. Because all there needs to be some wind of it reaching the ears of the guys from Bethesda and they then send a complaint the guy who runs this forum and then he bans you.

My best bet is you go into politics, get elected, and change the law, so the guy who runs the Nexus wouldn't care anymore what you do.

Actually, someone from Skywind/Morroblivion/whatever did swing by for a bit. I stand by my statement:

Anyone from Skywind/Morroblivion is welcome to come over and contribute - whether through posting opinions, art, contributing assets, etc, so long as the usual rules are follow (i.e. - no 'porting of Bethesda assets for Beyond Skyrim projects). Anyone from Return to Morrowind is not restricted from swinging by Skywind and helping them out. However, my time is limited (especially the next couple of weeks), so I probably won't be swinging by, myself.

They didn't stick around, though, so obviously they don't seem to have much interest in working with us.

I am currently thinking about starting to learn some modding and once I get a bit more understanding I will definitely be willing to join up. Looks good I hope it comes of something I know how some of these big projects sometimes fade but it seems like you are doing good work so far

Dark Creations also has a few tutorials involving modeling, 'porting, and getting things from Blender or 3dsMax into Skyrim. While we modellers @ Beyond Skyrim can't hold your hand through every step learning process, we are more than willing to answer questions or find solutions to any issues you get stuck on.