Witcher 3 delayed until 2015

Thor.

Usually when people delay, it's because that there are issues so serious that warrents the game being moved up the release date. I don't think that it is appropriate for people to go on and be happy for the delay when it could be very serious issues with the current builds. I hope that they can use the time effectively to create a game that utilises the PC more effectively than it's predecessor and hits their deadline. Otherwise, don't take the delay as a good sign.

The problem we have today is games with very serious issues are still being pushed out the door, some obviously unfinished, so a delay can be a good thing. CD Projekt do make an effort to get it right first time with further patches being improvements and additional content rather than fixes for a broken release. EA did the same thing with Mass Effect 3 and the game was great.

Usually when people delay, it's because that there are issues so serious that warrents the game being moved up the release date. I don't think that it is appropriate for people to go on and be happy for the delay when it could be very serious issues with the current builds. I hope that they can use the time effectively to create a game that utilises the PC more effectively than it's predecessor and hits their deadline. Otherwise, don't take the delay as a good sign.

The problem we have today is games with very serious issues are still being pushed out the door, some obviously unfinished, so a delay can be a good thing. CD Projekt do make an effort to get it right first time with further patches being improvements and additional content rather than fixes for a broken release. EA did the same thing with Mass Effect 3 and the game was great.

Ermagerd somebody else things Mass Effect 3 was great! *sobs with joy*

The ending led to it being the victim of extreme nerd rage but I don't see how anyone can fault the rest of it.

Regarding delays being a "good" thing, I would point to Duke Nukem Forever... Delayed for a little over a decade during which time it came through a handful of engine changes and revisions resulting in a game that pretty much nobody liked. Or, Spore... Which was delayed and re-tuned in order to appeal to a wider audience. While a delayed release date can occasionally be good to have more polish or content in the game, it can also allow marketing and publishers to really dig their claws into the game and suppress or remove those elements they aren't too thrilled about.

delayed and put on hiatus are two different things

also a delay and multiple delays are different.

and a delay without a date and a delay with a date are different still.

I'm not saying that delays are always bad, only that there is something extremely serious to warrent that delay. I like ME3 but I wouldn't call the ME series the paragon of story telling.