Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

1. Use Uploadingprocess as normal

2. Upload reaches 100% and imediatly comes the Error-Message

3. I have to Log-In again and my Files uploaded with a "?" behind my files (this happens EVER!)

That has been my experience also with uploads since the new virus checking was put in place.

The error on completion of uploads has happened for every attempt ( some failed without a completed upload as previously mentioned making the upload process really drawn out over many hours )

( Ref post #79 for previously mentioned http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1901058-virus-scan-reports-now-visible-on-file-pages-more-security-incoming/page-8&do=findComment&comment=16612599 )

Edited by Guest

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"for reasons completely unknown to us as your accounts are worth very little in tangible terms"

I found that rather funny. :P

But anyways; I decided to toss together a group of possible theories.

Theory #1: They wanted to hijack modding profiles so that they can add viruses to the mods themselves.

Theory #2: They wanted to hijack highly popular modding profiles so they can change any sort of donations to go to them instead.

Theory #3: They were part of a console fanclub whom wanted to hijack and destroy all mods for Skyrim.

Theory #4: They wanted to pretend to be other people and troll others (and themselves, perhaps)

Theory #5: It was a highly intelligent AI created by a modder to destroy humanity, but the only way it could do so was to infect all Nexus users.

I was wondering if there was any ETA concerning this for the back catalogue?

The original post said to wait about 2 weeks for the complete back catalogue to be scanned, but it's been almost a month and none of my mods have the green arrow (virus free) icon besides them. I'm just curious to know why it's taking more than twice the time anticipated?

Or maybe somehow my mods didn't get scanned for whatever reasons?

Keep up the good work!

@ third - just because Skyrim is your preferred mod site that doesn't make it the most popular for everyone. How would you feel if your go to game was being slighted and relegated to third class for the scans? We are trying to balance the scans across all sites in order to be fair. :thumbsup:

Why should the site use https? (Which, by the way, it does for the Premium Membership payment transactions, the only events of any monetary value that occur here.)

Oh, wait. You use the exact same credentials here as for your bank, Facebook and Twitter accounts, don't you?