What will 2060 be like?

Keanumoreira

Ah the good old days they were simple. Fifty, forty years ago they had no microwaves, primitive T.V.s, no Ipods, and no debate forums. But almost half a century later that notion has changed dramaticly. Small, box sized televisions are now dominating our walls, cell phones that are mobile have just arrived, oh and yes debate forums have surfaced. Today we live more luxurious lives, but what about the future? We've seen a population explosion, an increase in human wonders because of new discoveries, and a technology expansion unseen before, and it all occurred in only fifty years. So what will 2060 be like? How will the world change? Most of all how will we change?

Things to consider.

What will our day to day lives be like?

What will our families be like?

How will we travel?

What music will we have? (OBTW music through brain waves could be a reality.)

Where will we live?

What sports will we play?

What entertainment will we have?

What energy will we use?

What new laws could come into effect?

Anything else? So what do U guys think? Remember its only fifty years in the future so try to think what we will and will not have. For example in fifty years we won't have a time travel machine or beyond galactic travel.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a blue robot jumping around and killing evil robots who work for evil guy if there is any truth in Mega Man games... If not well technology will crash down like the market in bad year and we are back in the middle-ages. :thumbsup:

Guess my grandchildren will be engaged in club-aided clan wars or somethin... at full moon in the steppe between the Western Sea and the Eastern Barrier Mts. - in Middle-earth :blink:

_Anne http://www.greensmilies.com/smile/smiley_emoticons_unknownauthor_lady.gif

Here are my assumptions and predictions:

Remember that many factors can come into play when answering your questions. Political changes, Common sense changes, Moral changes, Scientific changes, etc. But I will keep it simple.

What will our day to day lives be like?

A. The same as it is today with the exception that technology will probably offer different ways to go about the day.

What will our families be like?

A. Families vary in many factors, it is hard to say what families would be like other than generations would come to life.

How will we travel?

A. Hovercars could be a possibility, or rail-cars if the government wants to control us more. space ships might be "spaceliners" that take humans to space assuming our space program gets started back up.

What music will we have? (OBTW music through brain waves could be a reality.)

A. Music has such a wild diversity in the modern era that I don't think there could be a revolutionary change in its trend.

Where will we live?

A. We could live in space, on the ocean, or on other planets/moons if space programs get incentives.

What sports will we play?

A. Who knows? Maybe the same sports we have always played or something new.

What entertainment will we have?

A. Much much more entertainment if technology will continue the way it has been.

What energy will we use?

A. If humanity is smart, we will use Nuclear power like France. It is clean, safe, and much more efficient than solar power or coal. (A 10 square mile Solar panel farm only has enough to power 14,000 homes.. Not much for such a large amount of land.)

What new laws could come into effect?

A. Either laws that make individuals more independant, or laws that repress and limit what the individual can do. Honestly, with the way things are headed in today's political world I honestly believe the future might be a nasty place for people to live in, new technologies make it easier for people to be profiled, tracked, and stopped. I will be watching our future carefully.

I am old enough to say that my teens were 40 years ago, and I say, nothing has changed the past 50 years. Just some new tools. Cars look a little different, we had phones, but they were wired. We could hear music through brain waves (when on acid).

What will really change our lives (yours not mine i´ll be dead) the next 50 years will be climatic changes (wheter human made or not). Increasing hunting for energy. Besides that I think if film industry doesn´t come up with really good ideas, Hollywood will die out and game producers will take over with much more advanced 3D games, where you stand on a platform, NO screen, laser will produce an 3x3x3 feet 3D image. This is your gaming world. Just walk and move around.

Playstation 10 will be there, a new nintendo will be there...no, no new xbox, microsoft lost the money, bill gates will losing all his money in vegas playing poker all the time...

Kids won't know normal tv like we have today, the grow up with 3D tv without any glasses...you are able to do anything you want to do in games..of course games are in 3D too...austria finally wins a football game...robin scott owns more money than bill gates owns right now...oh, and Yes, Balagor celebrates his 103rd birthday with two young, sexy chicks...

Sad Version

Robin (Dark0ne) is still alive, but many older moderators already passed away. If I would still be here maybe Dark0ne will make me a mod. Then lets say he passes away. Nexus population drops. I am the last person here.

Good Version

I become a pilot (my dream job) and then I find a way to make it possible to double the lifespan of any human. I give it to everyone on the forums and everyone lives happily forever after. Nexus becomes most popular forum in the world.(3 billion registrated , 1.5 billion active) People who are active now and remain active become new moderators and administrators. Because there would be a LOT of spamming and trolling, so it would be around 50 bans a day. Yeap thats it I guess.