What will 2060 be like?

Keanumoreira

What will our day to day lives be like?

The elites will dwell inside amazing MATRIX like virtual reality, a paradise of senses and pleasures, where they will work, rest and play.

Others will spend less time in such places except for prisoners and they will not experience pleasure.

There will be a way of operating actual machines, androids, special robots from within virtual reality.

What will our families be like?

Much more diverse than today with more acceptance of single parent families etc.

How will we travel?

Many of us will stay as bodies in special devices that will exercise, stimulate and care for us but our minds will travel.

Others will use public tranport networks of monorails, hoverbuses etc. or even hire private transports of various kinds.

What music will we have? (OBTW music through brain waves could be a reality.)

There will be older style music in recordings, newer music and vanguard stuff as there is today. Ne technologies will bring new possibilities of mixing sound with other sensory experiences such as taste, sight and touch.

Where will we live?

Many of us will live in multiple purpose automated and robotic cities. Others will life in orbital colonies or on/in the moon. Hopefully there will be no awful slums.

What sports will we play?

Professional sports will be done in virtual reality realms and will be fantastic events as much like 'sports opera' then sports of today.

Community sports will be much like it is today, in general.

Reality sports like hovercar racing could also be popular.

There may be gladiator sports of first blood or worse.

What entertainment will we have?

Much will be done through virtual reality but many entertainments will be more basic as they are today.

What energy will we use?

Solar power, tidal power, wind power and, perhaps, fusion power.

What new laws could come into effect?

Laws against abuses of the virtual reality networks.

Laws to do with living and working in space.

Many laws will be much the same as they are today.

What other possible inventions of importance might be used?

Special virtual reality.

Cyborg systems.

Robotics.

Hover systems.

Antigrav for space flight.

Rejuvenating regenerative medicines.

Advanced cloning.

And others!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i don't like futurology but let's try shall we?

What will our day to day lives be like?

Not so different then today, the difference will more connected tools (like advanced and more simple Iphones) Internet even more quick. made possible to real-time conversation throught 3d -holograms ( the prototype of this technology already exist)

What will our families be like?

again no big difference, maybe a more diverse and single parents more common as Mahrag67 said

How will we travel?

The same way, only with evolved vehicles ( safer, with a clean engine like Hidrogen power soucers).

What music will we have? (OBTW music through brain waves could be a reality.)

Again not much change, maybe a new style (the Famba mixture of Funk and Samba Or Eletronic_jazz_classic Music ) But we might have a more synesthetic experience with music.

Where will we live?

In the same cities we live today, very few changes, maybe more recycling and use of alternative powers sources

What sports will we play?

Mostly the same, there is only a very few new sports so i don't think we have a complete and absolute revolution on it.

What entertainment will we have?

Again no great revolution, maybe only it will be more virtual (i.e by Internet or something similar) but the Cinema, theaters, television, radio , newspapers and Books , etc will still be there.

What energy will we use?

Fusion Power plant, Hydrogen, Solar , Tidal, but still use from old and still going power plants ( mainly fission and hydroelectric) .

What new laws could come into effect?

laws about behavior in virtual space (pretending be other person, cyberbulling, spy, hackers ) more clear and specific to end the void we have on today legislation.

In this subject I'm very careful because we could enter in political debate that's is forbidden by the rules of this forum.

But sometimes i thing something similar with Gattaca and 1984...

So when I'm in the game then, I never can play a female character...lol..

But I guess we will have over 30 gigs of ram and stuff like that.

Also there will be new predictions when the earth gets destroyed.

Of course there will be a new Monster hunter.

The only things that still the same are icky chinese vegetables...

What will 2060 be like...Same or advanced?
Same human stupidity with history continuing to keep repeating itself. But, by then, we should have fembots! Nuff said.

If you think of the magnitude of technology in the modern life, it is advanced and dangerous already. As I said before and I will say again: Data mining. Not only is that a problem, but all other technologies that evaporate any pond of privacy. I just think in the Future, Data-mining will become so bad (Advanced) that profiling becomes a major government program. I am no law-breaker, and I don't have any desire to break the law. I don't like convicted criminals who have commited serious crimes, but no matter how much you rationalize how this new technology is "cool" or "safe" it really can be turned against you. I could go all day about this problem, because it exsists and it bothers me to hell. I just think the future will be unsafe for my generation and future ones because of how advanced and powerful technology can really become.

Do I look forward to the future? Let history be the judge of that. Then you have your predictions and possible outcomes.

...which would directly lead to the above mentioned club-aided clan wars :thumbsup:

Guess we'll have only one choice in the run-up to the 60s: Blue or Red Pill ?

http://www.greensmilies.com/smile/smiley_emoticons_unknownauthor_lady.gif

Anybody thought about nuclear energy? Maybe there is going to be another chernobyl?

Well after Chernobyl ( thats disaster only happens because the plant was built too quick, forgotten lots of safety measurement and if the Chief engineer was more competent and less arrogant the accident would be avoided) the safety measurement for Nuclear power plant was strength so the Risk of a new one is little, maybe in one power plant from an ex-Soviet republic. from lack of maintenance.

But as i said the Nuclear energy may become more important , and with the Fusion energy, more clean and efficient the energy cost will drop.

You have the backbone to grasp the mantle, right?

Cool - cos I need a name when I have to wobble across the steppe with a war club in my hands... :tongue: