Does any one use Nexus Mod Manager anymore?

Madcatm2

I reinstalled by Steam version of Skyrim recently and was hoping to try some new mods. About a year ago I used Nexus mod manager but now I am reading about various issues with some of the latest builds. I noticed this myself when I downloaded a few mods using NMM but could not add them to my list of mods directly through NMM.

My question is with all of these issues and the inability to install mods directly through NMM, is there a point of using NMM anymore or is it just better to install your mods manually like we used to in the old days?

NO. Don't go manual. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of NMM users out there, but if you are frustrated by it you might as well upgrade to the new shiny rather than step backwards to a method that was left behind by most of us for good reason. Mod Organizer is the new toy on the block:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334

But even Wrye Bash would be better than manual installation.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840

I still use NMM, but once Gopher finishes making his tutorial series, I'll be switching to Mod Organizer. Personally, I would strongly advise against installing mods manually. That's just my personal preference, though.

Don't you have to install them manually? It seems that with the latest update NMM downloads the mods to it's own directory and then you have to move them to your Skyrim data folder to active them anyway. Why would you use NMM at all?

I prefer manual installs. I learned the old way and I am sticking with it, especially since I like to know exactly what goes on my computer where. Not to mention I haven't had the least bit of trouble from installing manually.

But, to each his own. Some prefer mod managers, some don't. It's all up to you.

I tried MO on my old computer, and it didn't work. Probably my fault :tongue:. Reinstalled on my old computer, tried it. Couldn't do it. Not because of complexity, I just preferred NMM. So I went back to it. Might try MO again in the future.

Lol I love the people that are trying to terrify others of installing manually..

I have used NMM, have no problems have never touched MO, but 98% of the time I install manually and have 0 issues, it just depends what you are more comfortable with, have done research on to learn, and what easy of use and features you want

The decision is up to you, manually has the most customize-ability because well, you do it all your fricking self rofl

MO seems to have better functions and stability for separate folders and keeping things more organized

NMM is just easier with the d/l with button etc

Try them pick a method you like and yolo, manual just requires a bit more knowledge