A Laptop that can run Skyrim with realvision Mods (Ultra)

zacn95

I'm looking for a laptop around 1200-1700$ (AUD) that can run skyrim with ultra realvison mods. Can anyone give me an advice about some gaming gear laptop? I searched on the internet and many people chose Lenovo y510P. But it was out of stock. Is MSI Ge60 Apache 15.6 inch and Ge40 Dragon eyes good enough for the game? you guys help me. plz

Edited by zacn95

If you could, it would be better to get a desktop. High end gaming laptops are always twice as expensive with not nearly as much power as a cheaper desktop.

There are probably others that can give you insight on how far you can mod Skyrim on a gaming laptop, but many people can't even hit 45+ on a heavily modded Skyrim with an Ultra Effects ENB on a desktop.

I'd be careful with what you purchase.

even in a bleeding edge, top of the line laptop, the gpu are not comparable to their desktop counterparts. you are literally paying double the price for half the performance. and seriously, moving frequently with a desktop computer is not so much of a big problem.

so everytime I move, I have to bring the monitor a Pc case with? Come on man. Don't make me nervous.

are you thinking about those huge CRT monitors? because current LED screens are quite light and portable...and even cheaper than CRT used to be.

lan harnesses are actually comfortable and secure to move your investment about.. provided you don't take it for a walk to a swamp or go scuba diving with it

http://i.imgur.com/UVxXwSY.jpg

so everytime I move, I have to bring the monitor a Pc case with? Come on man. Don't make me nervous.

How often do you move?

I've picked this case when building my rig:

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r4-arctic-white

It's smaller than normal full tower. 232 x 464 x 523mm vs 232 x 559 x 560mm. I must say my pc is barely audible and the temperatures are great even on air cooling.

Gtx 780ti >75C at 99% load and 4.4ghz cpu around 55C when gaming. You can get rid of drive cage and screw ssd to the case. Besides that you don't really need optic drive these days, so you can make your rig lighter. When you travel the power and internet cables can be fastened inside. The only thing I would worry would be the front of the case. You would have to tape it so the fan panel won't come off when you bump it.

If you are dead set on laptop, I can recommend MSI. They have great cooling, while everyone that I know have bought Asus models and were able to fry eggs on top. Also nvidia mobile has less problems than amd with drivers and temperatures. I once owned amd laptop and sweared to never repeat that again. It looks powerful on paper, but does not work so well for less known and optimized titles. I got a custom MSI laptop few years ago from this site: http://www.xoticpc.com/ and was very happy with it. They should ship also to europe.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns