Latest site updates

Dark0ne

I seem to be having some slow download speed with a premium account, i can't get above 700kbs and i have very good internet download speeds (65mbs). Any idea what could be the cause?

Edit: It seems to be only with NMM when its manual its fine.

Edited by sparkleman

Dark0ne, I have noticed something when I try manually downloading files on here, not sure if it is your site or a Microsoft update. but when I try and manually download from the files section, I get a message popup that windows or IE has stopped working and needs to close or a popup saying a problem with this webpage has made ie or windows to reset /refresh the page. whilw I can still download after hitting retry. it gets annoying when it does it every time I manually download a file. nmm button from files section seems to work fine though for most part.

Please go back to the old notification system. It's so annoying to have to X out of every notification. And to make matters worse, there's a bug where sometimes clicking the X doesn't work. The notification just stays until you refresh the page and then you have to click it again to close. Also, because the X is so small sometimes I end up clicking on the mod thumbnail instead, taking me to the mod page by mistake.

At the very least, make it so that once you check the notifications, they disappear automatically. Or allow for that option in the preferences.

Starting off, if this is the wrong place for site suggestions, could someone kindly direct me to where I should post this? I would appreciate it.

I understand the NMM has a download queue feature, but has a download queue been discussed as a site feature? A simple green "Add to Queue" button, and the queue itself being similar to tracked files as a list that can be sorted by file size or alphabetically, or most endorsed, whatever. Files can be downloaded three or five at a time, just like NMM. Maybe with options such as "Download All : Manual / NMM", in case some files aren't NMM or MO compatible. Or checkboxes to indicate which files should be included or excluded in the mass download. "Download all checked", "Download all unchecked" for both manual and NMM.

I was just thinking of how convenient a feature like this would be whenever clean installs become necessary, requiring downloads of entire mod orders. It's pretty disorganized having thirty or fifty tabs open to mod pages-- sometimes in batches of two or three if the shopping list is really big.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the "disable emoticons" option is now live in comment threads. Unfortunately, it's still not in the "Edit" popup -- where I'm most likely to want use it to remove accidental smileys.

Still, I like the recent improvements overall. I'm very glad we can now use spoiler tags in comments. I've also gotten quite used to the new notification system, which makes it much easier to follow my favorite screenarchers.

Thanks Robin and co. for all this!