Morrowind Code Patch for Steam

zelgamer

I have the Morrowind Code Patch, but I am unsure of where to extract it to for the Steam Version. Any help is greatly appreciated. I know that this is compatible with steam now, but, as said, I don't know where to put it. Usually, mods are placed here

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\morrowind\Data Files

If I put it in morrowind where the read me suggests, it asks to replace data files and that's where all the videos textures and sounds and such are.

I have googled and searched various forums, but... still can not figure it out. Thanks again.

1 - something doesn't make sense here

2 - steam games should come patched or are patched by/through steam

3 - any patch should make changes to a program so replacing items in data is quite reasonable

4 - installing steam to the default location in programs

is a recipe for UAC dominated headaches until you move steam

(unless you use Windows XP)

Edited by Fonger

I use XP sp3 and I used the mcp and put the exe file in the morrowind folder worked perfectly for me.

great improvement to the game.

I am not using steam version so check the read me to see if you need the patch?

If you use another os (i.e vista or 7) follow Fonger`s advice he knows what he is doing

mcp is unofficial patch so if you do need to install to different location add to morrowind file

after and should be good to go once you run it from that folder.

IF does ask about overwriting just say yes to all if it goes wrong morrowind is very easy to re-install

As far as I know the Morrowind Code Patch should be compatible with the Steam version of the game. You need to install it to the Morrowind folder (Steam\steamapps\common\morrowind), because it patches the morrowind.exe file in that folder. It's not like any ordinary mod that goes into the data folder.

• 1 year later...

I have the Morrowind Code Patch, but I am unsure of where to extract it to for the Steam Version. Any help is greatly appreciated. I know that this is compatible with steam now, but, as said, I don't know where to put it. Usually, mods are placed here

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\morrowind\Data Files

If I put it in morrowind where the read me suggests, it asks to replace data files and that's where all the videos textures and sounds and such are.

I have googled and searched various forums, but... still can not figure it out. Thanks again.

I just tried MCP 2.0 again last night after several years since the last time I tried it and it works amazingly well for me with Steam's installation of Morrowind. I copy / pasted all files in the MCP 2.0 download from this link:

http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1008

to this path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind

Then I ran the installer from that folder path as instructed in the readme and the installation went off without a single hitch for me. Don't copy / paste the download contents to the Data Files folder though. This installation package that I used from that link supplied runs from the root directory of the game installation where the main morrowind.exe is located.

The patch works wonders for my gameplay. It's almost like playing a new game with so many of the old annoying glitches and quirks fixed.

• 2 years later...

When I open the Steam folder I only have internet shortcuts for the games I have. I don't have a Morrowind directory to copy the files into.

<Windows key> and <E>

That opens Windows Explorer

Up at the top is the Address Bar, which should say "Computer"

Copy and paste this into it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind
or

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind
Should get you there. I'm on Win7.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\" will only exist if you're on a 64bit OS as that's where it stores all your 32bit programs.

• 1 year later...

If anyone has this problem, I have found that reverifying the game cache fixes it for me. I'm running it off Steam on Windows 10, and I've fixed it this way twice after shuffling around mods. (It's been trial-and-error, and I've reverted to my backup MW a few times, so that's why I had to fix it more than once.)

• 3 weeks later...