Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

Im positive the perk that adds 50% more damage is "Better Criticals".

Yeah I think you're right.

Invisible HUD

-No cursor.

-No HP/AP bars.

-No compass.

-No container menus.

+Can still use Pip-Boy.

+Can use pause menu.

+Can open shop menus.

+Can engage in dialogue.

*Effects all saves - I went back to my very first save. No HUD.

*Happened to me shortly after entering diamond city, and engaging in some sales with Myrna and Arturo (Noticed immediately after dealing with Arturo).

Sure that's not modding-related?

Seems strange if it's effecting all savegames.

I think something is wrong with the game files.

Tried to check integrity of game files in steam?

Quest

7. Show No Mercy

It's not possible to board the marked vertibird.

While the docking animation is playing I get the text "Press E to board vertibird" or whatever.

But when the docking animation finished I can't do anything.

Goind back and speaking with Lancer Captain Kells again fixed the issue for me although it's not part of the quest.

Edited by Grasmann

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the character manager is that having it only work properly with a specific list of names seems arbitrary.

What do you mean by character manager exactly?

Is that a utility here on the nexus or a component of the game?

I don't know what it is. XD

How do I access it?

A bug conserning the sentry bot at "Robotics Disposal Ground".

Possible spoilers:

You can activate it with the terminal in the building. Once activated if you play the tape again you can then send it to 4 different locations. Sent it to "USAF Satellite Station Olivia" but the bot doesnt move, hell it is still looking at the ground as if it is deavitated, but its lights are on and it talks when i interacted with it.

I can just stand there attacking it with melee and it does nothing but spout out its lines.

I didn't see this one listed on the main bugs list - sorry if someone has already posted this.

The mutant hound steak (created by cooking mutant hound meat) is supposed to give the player something like +40 to health and -50 to radiation. When consumed it only raises my health and does nothing to remove rads. It's a shame - this is the only consumable I've come across that removes a small amount of radiation.

I didn't see this one listed on the main bugs list - sorry if someone has already posted this.

The mutant hound steak (created by cooking mutant hound meat) is supposed to give the player something like +40 to health and -50 to radiation. When consumed it only raises my health and does nothing to remove rads. It's a shame - this is the only consumable I've come across that removes a small amount of radiation.

Nope that hasn't been reported yet.

Not here anyways.

I didn't even notice.

Compared to previous fallout games I don't really have problems with radiation in Fallout 4.

Mh ... strange now that I think about it.

Might be because I always run around in the power armor.

The problem with the character manager is that having it only work properly with a specific list of names seems arbitrary.

What do you mean by character manager exactly?

Is that a utility here on the nexus or a component of the game?

I don't know what it is. XD

How do I access it?

When you go into the Load game menu you can press Y to select character. It then lists the characters you have by name and only shows their saves. If you look at the list of button prompts at the bottom of the screen you'll see it.

INPUT BUG

I have found a huge issue that is making the game unplayable in the way that I like to play, namely in third person view. I am pretty surprised to not see it reported here already, it is a MASSIVE bug for anyone playing in 3rd person!

When holding a weapon in third person, any slight movement of your character (either with a small push of the left stick on controller or pressing left/right with slow walk on on keyboard) causes camera/aiming movement to freeze for a moment. This means a constant stuttering and freezing while playing that essentially renders third person unplayable for combat!

I think that has to do with how the locomotion in the game is done.

I'll list it but it may be difficult to fix it.

That's probably bethesdas job.

I have managed to come up with a temporary partial fix while we wait for Bethesda to fix it properly (or some super smart modder to fix it).
In your Fallout4.ini under Documents/my games/Fallout 4
Add the following line under [Controls]
fLThumbDeadzone=0.9000
This will increase the deadzone on the left stick and make the area where slow movement is possible very small. Meaning you can essentially only run, but you will almost never hit the spot that causes the freeze. It can still happen, but unless you are trying to do it by being really slow and gentle it's unlikely. Unfortunately it makes playing with Stealth much harder :sad:
This has made the game playable in third person for me, until they hopefully patch it or a real fix can be found.
Edited by parabolee

I have managed to come up with a temporary partial fix while we wait for Bethesda to fix it properly (or some super smart modder to fix it).
In your Fallout4.ini under Documents/my games/Fallout 4
Add the following line under [Controls]
fLThumbDeadzone=0.9000
This will increase the deadzone on the left stick and make the area where slow movement is possible very small. Meaning you can essentially only run, but you will almost never hit the spot that causes the freeze. It can still happen, but unless you are trying to do it by being really slow and gentle it's unlikely. Unfortunately it makes playing with Stealth much harder :sad:
This has made the game playable in third person for me, until they hopefully patch it or a real fix can be found.

As far as I understood the problem it's not about the slow movement though.

When simply rotating the character without walking at all it also happens.

Has to do with the aim animation or something.

If the character does the transition to aim and back the camera stops for a moment.

That's how I understood it anyways.