What Happens after defeating Alduin?

L3MONSAMURAI

Okay, So I just got back from Sovernguard after defeating Alduin and watched the gathering of dragons say different things in the dragon tongue. So now im confused about what happens next, I traveled to the temple where Delphine is hiding and all she did was say one sentence about how she was worried and how I was seen riding out of Dragons Reach on the back of a dragon. After that Nothing. Is there anything else in the main story line, any reward like in Oblivion? Or was the ending really that disapointing?

Apparently thats it, People say that after defeating Alduin, nobody throws a party for you or celebrate your victory or nothing, its your average Joe going about his casual business, its more dissapointing then being the Hero of Kvatch or Oblivion.

The same goes for the Darkbrotherhood, its just do this and that and your done, no real Reward of accomplishment.

• 4 weeks later...
I dunno man, I got a "return to Esbern" thing on the miscellaneous quests..... he's on the side of a cliff near high hrothgar. When I try to talk to him he just says "Please Delphine is very worried about you" and nothing else. There doesn't seem to be any way to move forward on that questline, no indication of what to do, Delphine is nowhere in sight. I even tried killing the old guy just to put him out of his misery but he's labelled as an essential character so he doesn't die.

I dunno man, I got a "return to Esbern" thing on the miscellaneous quests..... he's on the side of a cliff near high hrothgar. When I try to talk to him he just says "Please Delphine is very worried about you" and nothing else. There doesn't seem to be any way to move forward on that questline, no indication of what to do, Delphine is nowhere in sight. I even tried killing the old guy just to put him out of his misery but he's labelled as an essential character so he doesn't die.

Delphine is back at that place where Alduin's wall is (forgot the name...) as is Esbern. If you haven't killed Paarthunax they'll congratulate you for killing Alduin then promptly tell you to kill Paarthunax or F off forever. :sweat:

yeah, i talked to her (several game days ago) and she gave me the ultimatum. I really hate to leave Esbern on the side of the cliff like that, but i am not killing Paarthunax. I mean good grief the thing keeps helping me and saves the ENTIRE WORLD..... and these guys (who are supposed to be protecting me) keep sending ME off to the dangerous missions (did they help me defeat alduin? NO!) and now they won't talk to me if i don't kill my friend???

Sheesh, there's gratitude for ya. :)

Anyway I really hope Delphine doesn't spend the rest of her life inside High Hrothgar bothering those nice priests, and Esbern does not spend the rest of his days dangling off a cliff.

Edited by mabus4444