Advice on spellsword build

sweagle

Classes are in the game

But doing whatever you want doesnt always end up being a class (or what your trying to be). Plus you could do whatever you wanted in every previous ES with custom classes, sans Arena. Spellswords do have illusion as a skill. And technically there are still classes in Skyrim as most NPCs have one, from followers to enemies. An ES without classes would suck.
Well, if you want to get semantic about it, I said "Rigid Classes." Name 1 NPC who leveled ever skill up to 100 and has 80 perks? Don't say J'zargo, because he's a fairly rigid Mage with heavy Armor, he can't even Sneak, and he's a Kajit!

Every skill to 100 isn't a class. It's a newb that doesnt know how to role play. What are you even talking about? Race does not make the class, skill use and prerogative does.

J'zargo's Class is the Sorcerer.

I see you are new to these forums and obviously don't realize we place a high value on mutual respect here.

I'm not new. Everything I've said stands.

Every skill to 100 isn't a class. It's a newb that doesnt know how to role play. What are you even talking about? Race does not make the class, skill use and prerogative does.

J'zargo's Class is the Sorcerer.

Exactly. My point is you don't Have to play a class. It may get you all bubbly with excitement, but quite a lot of players would rather grind up to 100, and not roleplay. Honestly, anyone who spends that much time at the forge I can't call a Noob. Play your way, fine, but don't ridicule people for playing their's. Just because you like to stick with the 3rd era classes that are no longer in the game, that doesn't make you any more elite, creative, nor cool than the guys who go for power over role playing. Had it occured to you that there might be some people out there who don't Want to role play, or are they just idiots who don't see the truth in the game design as clearly as you? Get over yourself, and join us in the 4th era.

Classes are in the game, know more about Skyrim. Not RPing=RP newb. Get over yourself, this is an RPG, not an action game. LOL at people that play it as such. Obviously someone who doesn't RP wouldn't need help with a classification. TC did. Nor do I stick to "3rd Era builds" ( as there is no such thing) I have more RPs in Sky than there were predefined builds in all of the games put together.

Edited by Enatiomorph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, quite a, umm... debate. I think classes are valid in TES; they are as much a part of the game lore as anything else. I even felt a need to say "Battlemage" in a previous post because it was a better description of my character than "Spellsword". Since I still play Oblivion, I feel an OCD need to provide some semantic clarity: a list of major skills from the Oblivion "showclassmenu" command:

Battlemage: Destruction, Alteration, Blunt, Conjuration, Blade, Mysticism, Alchemy

Spellsword: Destruction, Alteration, Blade, Block, Restoration, Heavy Armor, Illusion

So what? Well, for those familiar with the classes, they're a quick way to describe a character type. The original post said, "Spellsword", and everyone knew, basically, what he/she meant. I'm playing a "Mage" right now. For many Skyrim players that could mean just about any type of character because Bethesda did away with pre-defined classes in Skyrim. My "Mages" have no armor, use daggers or staves only, and take perks only in magic schools and enchanting; they are old-school "Mage" class. The point? I had a hard time with my characters when I first started Skyrim and I asked for help here. I kept getting seemingly "weird" advice about character builds and role playing strategies. Finally, another long time TES player pointed out that Skyrim was the first TES game for many on these forums and that "Mage" or "Thief" didn't mean what it used to. Okay, fine. Without class constraints, we can all just build the same OP characters with the same OP skills and the same OP perks and have the same OP experience completing every quest in 50 hours of extreme pwnage. It does reduce Skyrim to an action game. So I play classes. I limit my skills and perks to those classes. I don't experience 50 hours of xtreme pwnage; I have to sneak around and avoid a lot of fights for hundreds of nerve-wracking, exciting hours. Clearing a vampire den and taking out that Master Vampire with a character who has only 120 health, no weapons, and cloth for armor, (well, and Lydia) gives a certain satisfaction that Dragonscale wearing mages and invisible stealth archers will never know. Long live classes in TES games.

Classes are in the game, know more about Skyrim. Not RPing=RP newb. Get over yourself, this is an RPG, not an action game. LOL at people that play it as such. Obviously someone who doesn't RP wouldn't need help with a classification. TC did. Nor do I stick to "3rd Era builds" ( as there is no such thing) I have more RPs in Sky than there were predefined builds in all of the games put together.
I do roleplay: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1729743-dbh-contract-elenwen-fanfic/ Know who you're talking to, and where you are. This is a modder's forum, which means it's chock full of people who modify the Vanilla game. For Role Play? Not usually. Bethesda chose to remove classses from character generation, and yet you still come here, and start a flamewar because we're doing it wrong. (Do a barrel Roll!) STFU, I'm not impressed, and noone else here is. Read my signature. Play your way, I'll play mine. You are no better than any of us. Edited by Psiberzerker

I have always just found it extremely ridiculous and very sad when people get all worked up over how someone else plays their game. Who cares? It doesn't affect you one tiny bit. If they want to ride My Little Ponies into battle wearing a teddy bear suit and play like it's GTA so what? And I noticed how one of the above posts put the letters RP in bold. You forgot the last one. G for GAME. Not real life, not something that affects you in any way other than giving you an excuse to be confrontational for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

This must be the first time Ive ever seen an RPer insult non-RPers, and not vice versa... I am shocked.

Classes are in the game, know more about Skyrim. Not RPing=RP newb. Get over yourself, this is an RPG, not an action game. LOL at people that play it as such.

You are partly mistaken about a few things.

1) RPG games =/= forced RP to play. I never RP, and never will. Yet I focus on classes for limitation. I also never RPed games as Fable. Did you? They are classified as RPG.

2) Skyrim is a sandbox game before a RPG. More people than you know play it for the freedom, and the action. Not for the roleplaying part.

3) What is wrong with playing Skyrim as an action game? The tools are there. Are you that limited to the genre of the game to not play it any other way?

Now, get rid of your attitude. It provokes arguments, like the one allready here, and turns a topic off-topic. Which goes under the "spam" part.

Frankly, I don't care if you got a point or not. Your way of writing is provocative, slanging the word "newb" and using sentences as "LOL at people that play it as such". I bet there is just as many non-RPers who plays Skyrim for just as long as you RPers. There is no problems with either, but acting like an idiot because of your limited view is not right.

Matth

G for GAME. Not real life, not something that affects you in any way other than giving you an excuse to be confrontational for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

The motivation is fairly obvious. "I Iz Leeter tehn U!" Some people feel powerless, and underappreciated IRL, so have to come online and badger people for "Ur Doin it Wrong" to make themselves feel superior. They're called "Stop Having Fun Guys" the opposite of Scrubs. His use of Newb, and such mark him pretty plainly.

Stop Trolling, guy, it won't earn you any respect here.

I do roleplay: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1729743-dbh-contract-elenwen-fanfic/ Know who you're talking to, and where you are. This is a modder's forum, which means it's chock full of people who modify the Vanilla game. For Role Play? Not usually. Bethesda chose to remove classses from character generation, and yet you still come here, and start a flamewar because we're doing it wrong. (Do a barrel Roll!) STFU, I'm not impressed, and noone else here is. Read my signature. Play your way, I'll play mine. You are no better than any of us.

Nope. Learn to read. Didn't start anything. I said classes are still in the game, which they are. I guess your just mad that you were wrong, get over yourself.

This must be the first time Ive ever seen an RPer insult non-RPers, and not vice versa... I am shocked.

Classes are in the game, know more about Skyrim. Not RPing=RP newb. Get over yourself, this is an RPG, not an action game. LOL at people that play it as such.

You are partly mistaken about a few things.

1) RPG games =/= forced RP to play. I never RP, and never will. Yet I focus on classes for limitation. I also never RPed games as Fable. Did you? They are classified as RPG.

2) Skyrim is a sandbox game before a RPG. More people than you know play it for the freedom, and the action. Not for the roleplaying part.

3) What is wrong with playing Skyrim as an action game? The tools are there. Are you that limited to the genre of the game to not play it any other way?

Now, get rid of your attitude. It provokes arguments, like the one allready here, and turns a topic off-topic. Which goes under the "spam" part.

Frankly, I don't care if you got a point or not. Your way of writing is provocative, slanging the word "newb" and using sentences as "LOL at people that play it as such". I bet there is just as many non-RPers who plays Skyrim for just as long as you RPers. There is no problems with either, but acting like an idiot because of your limited view is not right.

Matth

Nope. It's an RPG first. Sticking to a class is a part of RPing, so yes you obviously are RPing in some form. I didnt insult anyone, I laugh at people that dont RP. You can play however you want, and I can laugh at whoever I want. I have no attitude. I made a simple statement. Classes are in Sky. People couldn't take it and decided to flame me. Hilarious. The only person/people acting like idiots are the ones that cant read apparently.

Obviously if you dont RP, your an RP newb, just like someone who's never rode a horse is a horse riding newb. If you cant read such statements without taking it personal, then thats your bad.

Edited by Enatiomorph

Nope. It's an RPG first. Sticking to a class is a part of RPing, so yes you obviously are RPing in some form. I didnt insult anyone, I laugh at people that dont RP. You can play however you want, and I can laugh at whoever I want. I have no attitude. I made a simple statement. Classes are in Sky. People couldn't take it and decided to flame me. Hilarious. The only person/people acting like idiots are the ones that cant read apparently.

Obviously if you dont RP, your an RP newb, just like someone who's never rode a horse is a horse riding newb. If you cant read such statements without taking it personal, then thats your bad.

Yes, you have an attitude. A bad one. Dropping it would contribute significantly to the longevity of your account here.

-LM