[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make a new random encounter NPC called Trollkin - a faction of orcs with troll-style health regeneration, but without the weakness to fire. I have already created a Trollkin Warrior and Trollkin Ability spell, but can't figure out how to add the spell to the actor's spell-list. I am also unsure on how to add leveled weapons and armor to my new actor, and numerous other issues regarding random encounters.

Are there any tutorials that can help me here? Couldn't find any anywhere...

Oh, and one more thing, the Creation Kit is displayed weirdly on my computer. For instance, the OK/Cancel buttons are out of sight in the actor window and I have never seen the Yes To All button when CK loads up so I have to press Enter every time one of those messages pop up. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

@samistired: First off that requires SKSE, or something similar to even approach. Second, so far as I can tell, there is nothing like documentation for SKSE, nor is it being updated very well. This is why you have seen nothing about it. Ask the authors of the script extenders. You cannot greatly modify the UI with what is given by default in the construction kit.

Is there a way to attach a static object to dynamic object, say like attaching a chest to passenger cart, so that they move together? The static object does not need to do anything other than stick to the moving object. Is it necessary to join the meshes and re texture the hole thing, or is this a simple creation kit function? If the former, is there a tutorial?

Thanks for any help with this!

FO3 Archive Utility to extract the textures from Skyrim\data\Skyrim-textures.bsa

Photoshop or GIMP with DDS plugin to open and save the .dds format used for the textures.

Even if the armor is custom, i intend to try to recolor the Reele armor of Kurese, not a vanilla armor

Thanks in advance