Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

Can anyone explain what this means to the less educated (me)?

If you have mods from Nexus, they are "loose files" that the new highres texture pack overrides in parts. So the game doesn't load your Nexus texture-mod. This solution should solve that. Another seems to be to re-install every mod, but that can be tedious and uncertain. In future I guess most mods will be packed with CK so you wont have the problems anymore. But I'm not an expert on this, it is what I believe from reading info on forums here and official.

Edited by MrBuio

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MyDocuments\My Games\Skyrim\skyrim.ini

and

STEAM\steamapps\common\skyrim\skyrim_default.ini

apply changes on both ini files in the [archive] section

if you use a texteditor like notepad++ it even highlight you the sections

Blow by blow.

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open

SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini

&

Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

It means that Click and play dream the Workshop is promising started badly already. The proposed modification forces the BSAs to load the normal way and then be overridden by specific textures from mods. Using the ESPs to load it breaks all mods retexturing vanilla access and should have never been done this way to start with.

Blow by blow.

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open

SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini

&

Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

Thanks again.. kudos given!

Thanks to everyone trying ever so hard to explain this stuff to us that just don't get it ..... (Me) :( - I've done the changes to both the ini files (i think i've done it correctly) but still no joy .... alas my head is cabbaged and its 1:23am here so i'm giving up .... for tonight! Hopefully one of you super clever chaps will have figured it out and have posted a work around i can get my head around by morning lol ..... Cheers guys.

Just a little question, I did everything mentionned here and everything seems to be working, however, I just want to know, how can I add back the ESP to the skyrim data files if I need to? I selected "delete" in the data file selection of the launcher, but I just figured it might not be the best idea, as the I don't know any way to add it back?