"War in Skyrim Mod" ....offline?

tomsan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that is to bad. I wanted to respond to last few post on the mod page. I thought it was just forum issues.Any way I guess I'll respond here for anyone that got 4.6.

1. The strings files do not cause crash to desktop. The person that said it did installed it wrong. I'm guessing they didn't use the right esp files with the correct strings. Note the string files came with new esp files.

2. One guy said the manually install was to hard. Sorry but there were detailed instructions on every file. I'm not sure how he could have made it easier. Well he did make a easy install. On a scale of 1 to 10 the manually install was probably at a 2 difficulty.

This is just for the author in case he reads this.

1. The lore friendly version said it would reduced Giant Crabs. However, I seen a large increase in giant crabs though. I ran into 6 of them in abut 20 minutes of real time. It likes they are everywhere and hate those things. If you are still working on this in your native country or another site you might want to fix that.

2. You know a lot of those guys were dumping on you for fun. Their goal was to get you to say something that would get you banned or run you off the site. Pulling your mod off the site wasn't the best way to handle this. This is your mod and you wanted to share it. Taking it down just feeds the haters. Just look at any mod in the top 100, 25, 10 and you will see a bunch of haters or people that apparently can't read leaving negative or dumb comments. That is what they do, its like a full time job for them. I know it is hard not to take it personally but you should really try to ignore them. I pity these poor souls myself.

3. Your mod was really great. I hope you come back.

As an old WiS Team member (maybe someone of you remembers me), i can tell you Alex was sick of modding since a long time.

He continued working cause his idea wasn't complete. I left the team 1 month ago, so i'm not sure, but i think he reached his final idea and decided to delete everything like a normal genius does ;)

For now there are some mods that put together bring the same result of having WiS.

I'm sure someone will start a project taking what Alex did.

I can't guarantee anything, but if i'll have more time (time was the reason i left the team) i could be that someone.

Truly a big loss for skyrim :(

All the best thing to alexandrox

Mi dispiace veramente di perdere una mod bellissima come WiS ce ne sono poche altre come questa sul nexus

Tante cose belle e tanti saluti ad alexandrox

I was once on the WiS "team" too, but sadly some things gasti said were true. I feel he had too many ideas and not enough knowledge to keep it all together - I for one left the team because of this very reason. The mod needed a solid plan, something attainable - then to focus on ridding bugs before moving on to the next level of the project.

Modding has burnt out a lot of people - and I guess this is another example.

Despite our differences, good Luck with everything Alex.

That's a pity, however somehow I felt what syndey666 said - seemed like Alex just wanted to implement more and more without carefully fixing glitches and minor bugs (what's required)... Nothing to blame him for, though, he tried and he brought pleasure to us players and then he decided to abandon it for his own good. Good luck, Alex and know that noone holds a grudge!