[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

Hey everyone! Little update here (well kind of an update, more of a question to the followers and fans of my work- you lovely people!) I'm nearly done with my college studies so in a months time I will have lots of free time to devote back to the modding community, something that I have been unable to do realistically over the past 9 months. Because of the lack of time I've had to spend on modding I've still not found a resolution to the Rochebere issues. However, I am here to make a suggestion to everyone who has been asking for Rochebere for so long now- it's not as good as this project unfortunately, but it is the next best thing I can offer.

You may or may not have heard of The Lost Isles, a smaller new lands and quest mod that started it's life as a back-burner mod while Rochebere was my main work. I'm here to get your opinions. Just from looking at the stability of the mod files, as well as the size and ambitiousness between the two mods, the likelihood of The Lost Isles being released in a playable state before Rochebere could be completed is almost indefinite. If I were to focus the time that I would spend trying to fix Rochebere on The Lost Isles mod you would not only have something to play sooner, but I would have a sense of satisfaction knowing that I have not completely let you down. Whereas if I were to do the opposite and pour my time into fixing Rochebere I can imagine it would be a much longer wait for either mod.

From my own perspective I would like to work on The Lost Isles, as I feel I would rather work to give you an outcome than work on trying to fix a bug and not progressing any further in terms of development. One thing I would like to say is this does not mean I am giving up on Rochebere, it simply means it will be left untouched until The Lost Isles is completed. As I have said, I know the path I would prefer to take, but ultimately I would like to hear what you all say, since at the end of the day your enjoyment and the fun you have playing my mods is why I make them.

Thank you very much for reading, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to post here or send me a direct message.

Sam :)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the isles first seems like a win-win.

Agreed man ... You don't owe us anything. Do what You want, and I assure You, we'll be happy to have anything to play with, be it Rochebere or The Lost Isles

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad to hear your opinions!

At the end of the day, it's the modder's choice; never the player. The players are neither clients not consumers, though I'm sure the request for feedback is appreciated. If Lost Isles is what you'd rather work on, I say have at it. I get the feeling that the mod community (myself included) will be happy with whatever you decide.

At the end of the day, it's the modder's choice; never the player. The players are neither clients not consumers, though I'm sure the request for feedback is appreciated. If Lost Isles is what you'd rather work on, I say have at it. I get the feeling that the mod community (myself included) will be happy with whatever you decide.

In my opinion I would be happy playing anything. I agree with you 100% and believe me I don't think any of us feel that you have let us down just keep up the good work. :smile:

I think it's decided then- The Lost Isles first then try to fix Rochebere afterwards. At least this way I don't feel as though I'm disappointing people! Cheers for the responses guys.

Just a question is the lost isle a plain of oblivion or part of the sea of ghosts?

The Isles are a collection of small landmasses located slightly west of High Rock.

Just saw your Syerscote mod and heard about this one and just found this thread after some googling. Awesome to hear you have more time for the modding community now! Anyways, if you'd rather do The Lost Isles, I'd say go for it since you're the one making it and not us :). Either way, I'll be downloading it once it's done