A Few Drawings

Illiad86

I got a Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet a few days ago. My boyfriend's mom got it for me for Christmas, but she gave it to me a week early :D

I haven't picked up a physical pencil and paper in many years. I kind of gave up on it to try out other crafts (sewing, crochet, needlepoint). I saw this tablet a few months ago and I thought it would be cool to learn digital drawing. It's pretty nice, this tablet feels like you are drawing on a piece of paper.

Be kind, it's my first attempt lol...very basic:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/trekkie-1.jpg

I've only had it since Sunday. At least it's not much of a learning curve :P I'll be posting more (hopefully better) pics in the coming weeks.

I'd also like to try out brushing up some textures in Skyrim..but I have no clue how to open .dds files in PSE 8 or GIMP. Does anyone know? I remember the older version of GIMP, you could just open the files. I'd more like to know how with PSE 8 as it recognizes the pressure sensitivity of the pen.

Thanks for looking :D

edit: Just finished this up, starting to get the hang of it...gotta touch it up a bit but I'm still learning how to use PSE:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/angryred.jpg

I was never really good with colouring even on physical paper, always was good at B&W...but I thought this came out alright ;)

Edited by Illiad86

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love em! Great! Looking forward to seeing more of your artworks!

I would give you kudos but have already done so. Honorary kudos!

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

Soon :) Currently working on a drawing of mama-in-law's dog. Been changing it all the time lol. Also learning how to colour and shade using layers. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be. Pretty nice too, if I screw up on a layer, I can delete/modify it without messing up the other layers :)

Found some nice brushes to work with as well. I've just been using the soft brush or the airbrush. But I found ones that are like using a pencil, mechanical pencil, chalk, etc. Found a fantastic fur brush to add detail to the dog too.

Once I clean up the kitchen and make tea, I'll finish up the dog. Then I gotta think of what to make next :P

Ohh haha I used the tablet to put in a Santa hat on my avatar, so much easier than trying to draw it in with a mouse.

edit: And here she is :) Miss Beastie

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/beast2.jpg

Edited by Illiad86

IMO the new way of drawing on an electronic pad replacing paper and pencil's is incredible. I did not realize how much detail could be done with one of the Bamboo pads. You even appear to have gotten a bit of expression in the drawing so she appears to have given you some persona with spirit. Well done indeed!

IMO the new way of drawing on an electronic pad replacing paper and pencil's is incredible. I did not realize how much detail could be done with one of the Bamboo pads. You even appear to have gotten a bit of expression in the drawing so she appears to have given you some persona with spirit. Well done indeed!

Agreed. You can make a masterpiece without the mess and hassle (not to mention the expense) of art materials. Very impressive indeed. Say, do you think you can draw me a sparrow? Sate my curiosity? :P

Edited by Keanumoreira