⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New mod author comment moderation features and updated terms of servic

Dark0ne

Giving people the ability to lock users from downloading is stupid. I do not care for your arguments in favour of it.

All you're doing with that is forcing multiple accounts.

Case 1 - Blocked from posting

"What a pain! Meh not worth spending too much time just to berate the guy, I'll just pick up the mod"

Case 2 - Blocked from downloading

"What the flying hell?! Now I have to make a new account to download, I might aswell insult this ass repeatedly while I'm at it"

You know I speak the truth.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10252415.

You'd be surprised just how well this type of system works over on the Workshop.

That some people may use it for petty reasons is not justification to deny it to those who will use it responsibly.

In response to post #10252176.

Then I sense many bans in the future of those people because being blocked doesn't justify a rules violation in response to it.

In response to post #10252176. #10252894 is also a reply to the same post.

The whole point of this website is to download mods. Giving people the free, unquestioned ability to completely deny such purpose is honestly nuts.

And this is without taking into account how moody and sometimes outright crazy modders can be.

EDIT- Also the article clearly states the moderators will not protect users from modder abuse, quite the opposite it seems like they will happily join in.
What they are doing is giving modders a great tool to single out and bully a user.
I'm sorry but I can only describe that as despicable. Edited by GixTheMage

In response to post #10252176. #10252894, #10253016 are all replies on the same post.

You'd be surprised how efficient they are in detecting multiple accounts. Previously banned members returning the other day with a new account are almost immediately banned as well.
"Meh, ban me as often as you like, I'll just create another account each time!" was often spouted lightly in the past. Rarely have I seen such return ever succeed.

And is it worth being banned for life-time from ALL downloads, now and ever to come, just to download this "1" mod you're not welcome to have anyway? Who's actually gonna risk that?

And in the aftermath I for one prefer this solution over the author taking his mods down for everyone as the only other alternative at any time. Granted, not every author will go to this extreme, but there have been the ones already in the past and there will always be others. And it's always a loss when they're forced to go.