Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

Thanks for the info. Proves that you always need to on your guard, and also that the cyber world, still has many people whom have nothing better to do but obtain/steal information fraudulently. To the team at Nexus, thanks for the efforts, and a thumbs up to you guys. To the malicious users, we hope you are infected by a 1000 camel fleas (you know the saying).

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Dark0ne.

As before, all my files, which I want to upload in the Nexus, NOT scanned with the virus scan. It follows ALWAYS an error message that the service is currently not available and I should try later.

If files that do not pass the virus test, may still be stored on the server and downloaded from any where for the better security is there?

It is a fallacy that there is now more secure - there is only more angry users ...

I don't quite understand what you're saying, but when you say...

It follows ALWAYS an error message that the service is currently not available and I should try later.

It makes me think it's nothing to do with the new virus scan, as the virus scan is done AFTER uploading and after the confirmation screen for uploading, e.g.

1. User begins upload
  2. User ends upload and is told the upload is successful
  3. User now does nothing and carries on doing whatever they were doing
  4. File is automatically sent to VirusTotal for scanning
  5. Within 1-10 minutes the file is scanned and reported back to the Nexus
  6. If the file is clean, it's allowed

At no point during this process does the user interact with the virus scanning system. Ergo, if you're being told about any sort of error when uploading, it's nothing to do with the virus scanner.

OK ...

What is it? Why my files will not be scanned?

It can not be, however, that immediately after the upload the error message and my files are uploaded YET - EVEN THOUGH they were not scanned.

And although they were not scanned, they can be downloaded by anyone, because the file NOT as "locked" is highlighted?

I'm sorry, but here is your Lokig a mistake!

Either my files are scanned and then released or locked up, or they will not be scanned and therefore blocked immediately. BOTH, not allowed by your logic, right? :wink:

Never forget, that im not an english native speaker... i don´t want to provocate you. I want find out, where the mistake is and why ma FIles not be scanned...

Edited by testingone

Ok, i see... It´s very difficult to epxlain a Problem in an other Language that you don´t speak as well...

I try it once again.

1. Use Uploadingprocess as normal

2. Upload reaches 100% and imediatly comes the Error-Message

3. I have to Log-In again and my Files uploaded with a "?" behind my files (this happens EVER!)

My Question now is: what does this "?" Behind my Files mean?

If a have passed the Virus-Check the Mark behind my Files should be a "✓"

If i don´t passed the Files should not be Uploaded, right?

I uplaod Files WITHOUT checking, or? And that is my Problem: have i bypass the Check, or what?

Edited by testingone

In response to post #17035934.

@Dark0ne/testingone

What he tries to say:

His files are uploaded, most recent one today. But do not get the verified file report you would normally expect when the files get virus checked.

However, and this is why he posted, his files are still available for download and just have the question mark added stating that the file was not scanned for viruses. Something you should only see for older files from before the VirusTotal implementation.

How is it possible that his files get uploaded whilst not being virus scanned, available for download for everyone (this would mean that people with ill intent could still circumvent the virus check and upload viruses).

Another strange thing, when he uploads his files, just when reaching 100% he receives an error. Jet, when he logs in again, his files are still uploaded, just no virus scan report.

Hope this explains better.

@testingone
Hope you don't mind me translating for you

In response to post #17035934.

@Dark0ne/testingone

What he tries to say:

His files are uploaded, most recent one today. But do not get the verified file report you would normally expect when the files get virus checked.

However, and this is why he posted, his files are still available for download and just have the question mark added stating that the file was not scanned for viruses. Something you should only see for older files from before the VirusTotal implementation.

How is it possible that his files get uploaded whilst not being virus scanned, available for download for everyone (this would mean that people with ill intent could still circumvent the virus check and upload viruses).

Another strange thing, when he uploads his files, just when reaching 100% he receives an error. Jet, when he logs in again, his files are still uploaded, just no virus scan report.

Hope this explains better.

@testingone

Hope you don't mind me translating for you

Oh, man!

That´s exactly what i want to say - thank you so much!!