⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would.

Several interrupted downloads, connected in the early morning hours at a speed of 6 kb/s, bringing the UK to the USA servers, starting and canceling downloads, after a week of learning started. No servers to allocate resources in a download in progress at times of very low demand, according to the schedule of USA.

We report on nature of collaboration and with the best intentions, I cordially suggest that they contact the administrators of the new system, I believe more than 30 years of user from different storage systems and data downloads, here is a problem .

I apologize for my bad english and if my comment is offensive, it was not the intention.

@bben46

I've already tried your suggestion and it made no difference. vdegas was right about that.

To note, you said only one person has claimed the fix solved the problem for him, that doesn't make it all that reliable. Anyway the problem the user was specifically facing was a different case. Seems like it's two separate issues, one where people just cant download/connect at all, and the other issue where people are simply getting very slow download speeds. I'm facing the latter, just slow DL speeds, very very slow DL speeds. Usually averages at about 15kb/s to as low as a few hundred bytes per second.

I'm not in position to ask for anything, but it would be nice if something can be done for this. The crash experienced the last time was presumably because of the Steam sales, a temporary setback. But I don't see how this should be a concerning issue in the long run. Can't you perhaps switch back to the old downloading servers as of now? Or to be fair, give users more options to choose where to download from? At the current speed I'm getting (1-10kb/s), it's just impossible to download any mods here bigger than around 50MB in size, let alone anything else.

Edited by reindeer51

@ reindeer51 Thank you - I now have a statistical sample of 2, one says it works one says no.

Have you read DarkOnes statement asking everyone to please wait a few weeks to give the CDN a chance to learn the system? It's been less than that. And NOT EVERYONE IS GETTING SLOW SPEEDS!

Sorry about complaining in my first post in the forums. I've been a nexusmods user for years, and I love the site, the nexus mod manager, the mods, etc.

I live in Spain, and I've tried changing the DNS with no positive results. Max speed varies between 10 and 20 kB/s, and usually most downloads reach 0kB/s and get cancelled after the first few megabytes. I wanted to download a pair of mods (Climates of Tamriel - Sounds: 200MB, and New Vegas EVE: 300MB) and it isn't a matter of time, it's simply impossible to download them. Small mods are downloaded ok because they don't have the time to cancel themselves.

I don't know if being a premium user and using multithreaded downloads would help in this case.

I'll wait patiently if there is nothing else to do. I hope this get resolved without problems.

Edited by masterotaku

european download speed using CDN is great on my side, no problems so far.

my only problem is the new BBCode editor. even if i switch to "BBCode" to edit the raw BBCode, the result differs from previous by hand created descriptions.

especially using lists is buggy for me, editor always puts the [ * ] from beginning of the line at the end of the previous line and destroys the formatting.

atm i always have to edit my BBCode in an external text-editor and then copy it into the BBCode field, then save and it works. but if i directly edit the code using the Nexus editor, the formatting is gone.

greets

Edited by SkyrimTuner

In response to post #18176789.

first off let me say that i have been a nexus member for a long time, and during that time i have never had any issues until this past week. let me explain; i have been gaming on my PS3 (i know, i know) because my PC needed a new graphics card. after i purchased said card i really wanted to see what it could do. enter, Skyrim and Nexus. of course it had been a while since my last visit and i had noticed some changes:

1. migration to a CDN network for downloads (i get it, demand is surely high with 7 million users and STEAM sales) this prompted an update of the NMM software

2. new NMM update to 0.52.1

when i began my journey on Monday i wandered over to the Skyrim section and started to assemble my mods so far the only two i have been able to download at all this week are SkyUI and Ruins Clutter Improved. literally everything else doesn't work, not NMM not manual, nothing. i am not even getting slow speeds because i am not getting ANY speed. and NMM keeps reporting server busy or unavailable so i started checking to see what the problem is:

1. i changed my DNS to Google public (no dice)
2. tried several browsers including:
a. Firefox (32 and 64 bit)
b. opera
c. internet explorer
d. safari
e. chrome (and i tried the fix for this in NMM still nothing)
3. enabled HTTP redirects
4. turned on java
5. turned off pop up blockers, antivirus, and firewall (no luck)
5. switched from a wireless connection to a more reliable wired one (all this did was increase by speed overall but still no downloads work)

i have tried everything i can think of and still nothing, i also changed open a new window to download in preferences and some links just open a blank page there is literally nothing there and nothing happens. i realize that a lot of the people that are having problems are the ones that are posting, i also realize that the number of people posting is small in comparison to the number of users that are not complaining. i just want to go on record that i am not complaining just trying to provide a more complete picture to what might be happening, i can provide logs if need be

please help a lost and confused modder :)