⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are working on a tool on the sites that we will direct people having issues towards that will help us to troubleshoot these downloading issues. Once it's ready there'll be a new news post up on the topic.

Since I manually download files, the file names are okay. Today I downloaded JKs mods via NMM and half of them came with correct file name, the others failed with messed up file names. Changed presets for downloading from which servers, but it seems not the issue. Until now I can't really reproduce the reason for the messed up file names. Only thing is, that it only happens when not manually downloading.

Hello, I'd like to report that today, for some inexplicable reason, I have been able to finish my downloads. The speed is still very sub-par and it fluctuates a lot, but at least I can download without it canceling itself.

I am 100% sure i didn't change anything on my end since the DNS change a few days ago, so it must be something you guys did there.

So yeah, still a little problematic because of the speed, but at least now it works!

What happened to the Premium Servers? Whenever I choose to download manually since some mods require manual download, I get a pop-up notification that says I'm allowed to choose a Premium Server to download from since I bought a lifetime premium membership. In NMM, I don't get that option even though I have it set to download my mods/updates from the Dallas, TX premium server in NMM settings. There are times where I get stuck with a CDN download at dial-up speeds despite having DSL service here where I live. Makes no sense whatsoever. Please enlighten me as to why I'm able to choose a Premium Server via manual download but not via NMM. Thanks. Edited by ff7legend

I would like to update on a post I had a month ago about the speed of download with the new CDN. IN the month of Sept, the DL speed I had with CDN was.. crap, and I was not not happy at all.

A month later I am happy to say my DL speed is very good now and I just down loaded Better Vampires Mod with no issue and very good speed. I used the NMM, make sure that you, clicking on Setting, in NMM, then download options and selecting a premium server... all is good for me.

SO as a follow-up to Dark0ne, the the DL speed for me is good again.

Don

Gentlemen,

For what it's worth, it's getting worse. Almost all files redirect to File Not Found pages and suggest I post the link it gives me. I don't want to flood the board over there with dozens of them. I was able to go back and select the Delivery Network option but now that one fails about half the time also. It just lands me on a blank white page that I'm pretty sure is mocking me.

I'm unable to download Imperial Firmament's complete set of files. I have no clouds of awesomeness and it's heinous indeed.

Later