⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New paid full-time community manager and development lead job role open for applications

Dark0ne

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only noticed this today, I really hope I'm not too late to apply. I've never seen a position so well suited to me in all honesty, it's more or less what I do now but comprised of something I actually love.

Application sent. Good luck to everyone :)

Anyone else had problems with emails bouncing back? I got a bounceback message in gmail saying "550 The content of this message looked like spam." but now I am not even sure that the one I sent from my old outlook email got trough. Just because I didn't get a bounceback message it doesn't mean it was delivered for sure.

In response to post #23529854. #23544324 is also a reply to the same post.

I did just that, but even that isn't a sure thing since I got the bounceback message from gmail. Since I didn't get one from the email I used afterwards I considered it sent, I don't want to send it in multiple times because that would be really unprofessional. Maybe I send it in one more time from a brand new email in the next few days unless I get a form of reply. I wouldn't be sad if I don't get it, but missing my dream job on such a mistake would be really frustrating.

In response to post #23529854. #23544324, #23544814 are all replies on the same post.

Yea, I hear ya. You wouldn't want to come off as desperate or clingy. Maybe you could instead send a confirmation email explaining the issue and ask them if they did in fact receive your resume. Rather then sending it to them multiple times, that's probably how I would handle it.

In response to post #23529854. #23544324, #23544814, #23548199 are all replies on the same post.

Unless I can solve such a minor issue I don't think I would qualify for the position. I will have to find a workaround. Confirmation email would be a way to do it, unless that gets bounced back too. I just have to contact them some other way, normally by this time I would be at the door with my resume, but since that isn't an option I will find another way.

In response to post #23529854. #23544324, #23544814, #23548199, #23553714 are all replies on the same post.

I applied within the first couple days of the announcement from my Gmail account and didn't have that issue. Did you try sending the exact same email to a different address like an alternate email of yours and see if you got the same error? Perhaps Gmail isn't happy with your attached documents. There's no guarantee your confirmation email won't end up in the black hole we created at the Nexus admin inbox by flooding it with applications, but if all else fails its worth a try.

Missing out on an opportunity like this because of a little mix-up would really be a bummer. You should have plenty of time to get it straightened out though. I have a feeling its going to be a while! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...