Fallout 4 Nexus Site Launched

SirSalami

In response to post #30244950. #30259185, #30295245, #30305985, #30323060 are all replies on the same post.

Seremoth wrote: I am just a user but I have this to say. Please expand the donation system!!!!!!!

-Create a prominent donation button next to endorse button. No more pop-ups though.
-Create titles, with coloring depended on the donation. Let people know who supported which mod.
-Make the nexus profiles a little more interactive as if they were a mini-game themselves.

Any side-effects from "pointing out" donators and having a shiny big donation button will be overshadowed by the benefits. Good modders may never have the chance to maintain/create a mod because they also have to work for food. Give them an extra motivation!
ElmoStoned wrote: to the top :)
MyLittleEmpath wrote: I second this notion. Strongly.
mkess wrote: I agree.

Besides, a donate button near the download button makes NO sense, because you have to test the mod first.

I will make much more sense if you are endorsing the mod. Because at that point you are sure, the mod is a worthwhile one.

And make it easy, giving some predefined values for donating, starting with 1$. It's like a tip in a restaurant. It's very easy, and people a likely to pay 1$ or 2$ without thinking about it.

Maybe there should be one button, that gives the autor 1$ and endorses at the same time, making it very easy to pay at least a little tip, while endorsing the mod? I bet, that would even appeal to the people, who normaly don't pay anything.

This is the point, there I am most likely to make a donation. But I will never ever make a donation while downloading a new mod. Maybe it should be worked into the Nexus Mod Manager, too?
Seremoth wrote: Exactly. A brief pop up just before you download is usually quickly skipped by someone who wants to download and test the mod. However after the user tests it and goes back to the nexus, excited, wanting to endorse that mod, then he should also see an option to donate.

And what you say about reminding people that even a small tip like an 1$ donation would be significant, by having this small prefixed amount to the donation button, is very true and will make almost everyone consider donating.

Keep this baby bumped!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people are thinking about it, some in a good way, some bad, but I have to ask this. Somebody, ANYBODY, with the chops to do so, mod in Hardcore Mode (as seen in FNV). I miss NEEDING to eat, drink and sleep. Survival in the atomic waste should be more about actually SURVIVING, and not just avoiding being actively killed. Hell, even the settlers whine about being fed, watered and sheltered. Why are WE such uber-badasses? Oh, if it includes weapon/armor-durability/repair (even as toggleable options), that'd be SWEET. Perhaps piggy-back custom ammo on the Gun Nut and Science Perks? If I knew squat about coding, I'd just do it myself, but sadly no such luck. Whoever reads this AND is a mod-writing machine, play the hero! The Commonwealth needs YOU! Edited by DarciaIV

Is this the end of Skyrim?

WHY would you think that just because a new game came out nobody would ever mod or play Skyrim again? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif I saw the same comment when Witcher came out earlier this year. Look at the Oblivion mods. Oblivion just withered away and died because of Fallout 3? Nope, the Oblivion mod community is still very active after over 9 years. Some of the top rated Oblivion mods were actually released AFTER FO3 came out. The FO3, FONV and And the Skyrim communities will be around for a long time to come. We still see mods for Morrowind. Some people will not like FO4, and will stick with Skyrim. Others will not buy FO4 until the price drops to something reasonable. And still others are waiting for the SDK so they can get better mods.

In response to post #30351105.

bben46 wrote:

WHY would you think that just because a new game came out nobody would ever mod or play Skyrim again? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif I saw the same comment when Witcher came out earlier this year. Look at the Oblivion mods. Oblivion just withered away and died because of Fallout 3? Nope, the Oblivion mod community is still very active after over 9 years. Some of the top rated Oblivion mods were actually released AFTER FO3 came out. The FO3, FONV and And the Skyrim communities will be around for a long time to come. We still see mods for Morrowind. Some people will not like FO4, and will stick with Skyrim. Others will not buy FO4 until the price drops to something reasonable. And still others are waiting for the SDK so they can get better mods.

The answer:

:D

In response to post #30244950. #30259185, #30295245, #30305985, #30323060, #30334450 are all replies on the same post.

Seremoth wrote: I am just a user but I have this to say. Please expand the donation system!!!!!!!

-Create a prominent donation button next to endorse button. No more pop-ups though.
-Create titles, with coloring depended on the donation. Let people know who supported which mod.
-Make the nexus profiles a little more interactive as if they were a mini-game themselves.

Any side-effects from "pointing out" donators and having a shiny big donation button will be overshadowed by the benefits. Good modders may never have the chance to maintain/create a mod because they also have to work for food. Give them an extra motivation!
ElmoStoned wrote: to the top :)
MyLittleEmpath wrote: I second this notion. Strongly.
mkess wrote: I agree.

Besides, a donate button near the download button makes NO sense, because you have to test the mod first.

I will make much more sense if you are endorsing the mod. Because at that point you are sure, the mod is a worthwhile one.

And make it easy, giving some predefined values for donating, starting with 1$. It's like a tip in a restaurant. It's very easy, and people a likely to pay 1$ or 2$ without thinking about it.

Maybe there should be one button, that gives the autor 1$ and endorses at the same time, making it very easy to pay at least a little tip, while endorsing the mod? I bet, that would even appeal to the people, who normaly don't pay anything.

This is the point, there I am most likely to make a donation. But I will never ever make a donation while downloading a new mod. Maybe it should be worked into the Nexus Mod Manager, too?
Seremoth wrote: Exactly. A brief pop up just before you download is usually quickly skipped by someone who wants to download and test the mod. However after the user tests it and goes back to the nexus, excited, wanting to endorse that mod, then he should also see an option to donate.

And what you say about reminding people that even a small tip like an 1$ donation would be significant, by having this small prefixed amount to the donation button, is very true and will make almost everyone consider donating.
WightMage wrote: Keep this baby bumped!

You're never going to make enough money to quit your day job making mods for donations. Trust me.

Ironically, you CAN make 5-6k$/mo reviewing mods on youtube. So yes, you can make money off of mods... so long as you're not a modder.

In response to post #30351105. #30360630 is also a reply to the same post.

bben46 wrote:

ordog2 wrote: The answer:

@ordog2 lol, nice!

Bethesda's games never die. Ten+ years from now people will still be playing Skyrim. I still play Morrowind regularly.

In response to post #30351105. #30360630, #30365950 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

ordog2 wrote: The answer:

Kalell wrote: @ordog2 lol, nice!

Bethesda's games never die. Ten+ years from now people will still be playing Skyrim. I still play Morrowind regularly.

Kalell, playing it sometimes me too and Oblivion also, wonderful Tamriel. :)

In response to post #30252385. #30253160, #30295295, #30305940 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote: How are mods coming out for FO4 when the CK for FO4 doesn't even come out until sometime next year? I'm very confused about this. Not that I'm complaining but I am curious as to how modding FO4 is even remotely possible at this point in time. Let's hope Bethesda learned from the bugfest that was the Skyrim CK & fixed the issue that would cause mods to have deleted navmeshes.
vertex23 wrote: The same way Skyrim did it all those years ago. Textures and some meshes don't require the creation kit. Simpler mods could be converted over with little tweaking from previous titles. Most of the mods we'll be seeing will be textures, lighting, bug fixes, ect. Once the kit comes out, we'll be seeing more mods that need scripting coming out.
ff7legend wrote: Thanks for the clarification vertex23. I didn't join the PC modding scene fully until March 2013 when I made the switch from the disastrous PS3 version of Skyrim to the PC version. I'll likely wait until the CK is released before I start modding FO4 though.
mkess wrote: And I will buy FO4 only after the editor arrives. I do not play vanilla Bethesda games, they are far too easy for me. So that I can mod it myself for my own taste.

I made that error once with oblivion. I was almost bored to death. The problem is, that the vanilla versions of their games are only for casual gamers. The second good thing is, that Bethesda had fixed some of the bugs after that time, and the fans can take over bug fixing, after the Mod editor is released.

That's the second reason I do not buy these games any longer on release day. Bethesda isn't able to fix most of their bugs, even if their life would depend on it. They are better than Obsidion, who showed cleary their lack of talent for bugfixing, even critical ones, in New Vegas But nonetheless, it's annoying for me.

The third point is, that I get the game at a lesser price, after that time. But that's only a bonus, I would buy it anyway.

But one point let me hesitate the most. After they tried to sell 3rd party DLC aka. paid mods, I am not so sure about the freedom of the next Editor any longer. And I definitly won't buy a game with an editor that includes DRM! That is what I fear the most.

Anything using an ESP should be avoided, just like it should have been avoided with Skyrim. Any such creation is begging for trouble. You joined the crowd after we had already gone through the hell of getting that mess cleaned up, only to come back and find all of the same people making the same messes all over again despite the evidence that what they're doing is damaging to the game.

Modders. Modders never change.